Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
1,906 Posts
You're armed with your EDC.

What ya got up your sleeve as a response.
Honestly, knife disarm skills are ones I have not adequately acquired.

It's easier to just admit that I got nuthin' than to post some dipship tryin'-to-be-funny nonsensical jibberish.

· Registered
1,906 Posts
I'd put on another H2h/blade day down there if there was sufficient interest. One more go at that course isn't off my plate given the right circumstances
This is my default move in the knife scenario.

Volusa is closer for me than the site down south.

· Premium Member
7,250 Posts
It did happen to me in Hunts Point Market.
I pulled in and backed my rig up to the dock. I turned in my invoices and walked to the coffee shop and got a coffee and a couple of doughnuts. While walking back to my truck a nice young person of color stuck his knife against my ribs and told me in some sort of gibberish Ebonics to give me $$$$$ or get cut dead.
I put one of the bags or it may have been the coffee from my right hand to my left and told him OK as I reached into my pocket and pulled out my North American Arms and shot him.
He went down, People looked over from the loading dock and I went into my truck and drank my coffee and ate my doughnuts and slept like a baby until I felt them unloading me. I looked out the window and seen another truck ran over the nice young man and he was squashed like a turd somebody may have stepped on.
As daylight was coming, A white van came, and two guys scooped the turd up and drove him away.
Not one word was said from anyone and when unloaded I was on my way.
Ronnie
I once did mention this but I say it again for anyone that missed it.
OH!
I still have the mark in my side from mister nice guy's knife.

· Registered
17,046 Posts
A white van came, and two guys scooped the turd up and drove him away.
Did you make a "dinner reservation?" Was it these guys?

· Premium Member
7,250 Posts
They scooped him up with what looked like a snow shovel into a zipper bag and sprayed all the blood with a pump up garden type sprayer.
Ronnie
I do love the video

· Registered
58,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Honestly, knife disarm skills are ones I have not adequately acquired.

It's easier to just admit that I got nuthin' than to post some dipship tryin'-to-be-funny nonsensical jibberish.
Knife disarms are a matter of happenstance in the wild, they are taken as opportunity presents. In gaining/controlling their blade hand/wrist, it's a H2h solution.

The problem with blades is most people don't have the skills to affect a redirect of the blade and move into them to tie that arm/hand up that's holding the blade.

I may or may not draw my own blade the instant his knife presents. It depends on several variables.

· Registered
26 Posts
Seems to me at that close distance, there would not be time to draw any kind of weapon. The harsh reality is that you are most likely going to get cut. Wrestling the guy for the name will probably get you cut even more. In real life, they do not "present" the knife like you see in typical martial arts disarms. Best bet is a hard strike with your full bodyweight behind it to a vital area like the throat, face, or groin. At that point, you may be able to take a step back, and either draw a weapon or run away.

· Registered
15,084 Posts
21 - 30 of 30 Posts