Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
17,046 Posts
Another easy one. I believe this is a demonstration of "Threat-Focused Slicing."

• Haha
Reactions: stbob

· Registered
58,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another easy one. I believe this is a demonstration of "Threat-Focused Slicing."
You arm yourself with a dundee long blade. The scenario was you're armed with your EDC ;)

· Registered
17,046 Posts

· Registered
10,717 Posts
Depending on many things you can grab/deflect a gun and get off line easier than grabbing a knife I think? All I know is I don wanna find out. So three feet away with a blade and I think my best option is run. He chases me I can draw on the run if needed. Then we’ll see what we see.
Good plan, except a good knife guy can slice and dice you as you’re turning around to run…

· Super Moderator
6,402 Posts
So my knife rotation is either my Sypderco Street Bowie or my Covington Bowie and the S&W Shield .45.

If Street Bowie, i would draw it and go for the eyes. Even a miss will cause them to draw back while I pull the gun and shoot.

If the Covington Bowie, I would use the draw you taught me to try and take his hand off in the draw. Since I can draw this and deploy as fast as a gun at that distance, even a slight miss with that Bowie maimes the attacker.

· Registered
58,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So my knife rotation is either my Sypderco Street Bowie or my Covington Bowie and the S&W Shield .45.

If Street Bowie, i would draw it and go for the eyes. Even a miss will cause them to draw back while I pull the gun and shoot.

If the Covington Bowie, I would use the draw you taught me to try and take his hand off in the draw. Since I can draw this and deploy as fast as a gun at that distance, even a slight miss with that Bowie maimes the attacker.
Do you carry/draw the street bowie in a reverse grip, going to an eye pick?

LOL!!!-- taking his hand off from the draw, priceless. "Now what ya gonna do buddy, stand there and bleed?" :ROFLMAO:

· Administrator
33,045 Posts
Not enough time/distance to draw the EDC.
Best option seems to be to gain control of the knife/BG, either maiming or ending the BG with their own blade. 🤷🏻‍♂️
This! This is definitely the time for those edged weapon/H2H skills learned in several courses by the same name to gain control of the attacker's blade, . . .but skills not practiced enough lately.

· Registered
58,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This! This is definitely the time for those edged weapon/H2H skills learned in several courses by the same name to gain control of the attackers blade, . . .but skills not practiced enough lately.
If you use the Brownie Pop with your folder, or at least can as it's practiced enough. Get that bad boy in play and come directly to wall of edge. No matter what he does after that is irrelevant, he loses if he doesn't just walk away. He'll tire of cutting himself every time he reaches in, in short order.

If you decide to go unarmed against the blade, just remember your circle defenses, then take control of them or the knife hand.

· Registered
58,258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This! This is definitely the time for those edged weapon/H2H skills learned in several courses by the same name to gain control of the attackers blade, . . .but skills not practiced enough lately.
I'd put on another H2h/blade day down there if there was sufficient interest. One more go at that course isn't off my plate given the right circumstances

· Super Moderator
6,402 Posts
Do you carry/draw the street bowie in a reverse grip, going to an eye pick?

LOL!!!-- taking his hand off from the draw, priceless. "Now what ya gonna do buddy, stand there and bleed?" :ROFLMAO:
Yes. Eye pick would be where I would start with the Street Bowie. I carry all my fixed blades with the blade forward.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Super Moderator
6,402 Posts
I'd put on another H2h/blade day down there if there was sufficient interest. One more go at that course isn't off my plate given the right circumstances
I know at least two who would do this class, maybe three. Thought about seeing how Many it would take to do a Riddle in the Desert.

Reactions: BeerHunter

· Administrator
33,045 Posts
If you use the Brownie Pop with your folder, or at least can as it's practiced enough. Get that bad boy in play and come directly to wall of edge. No matter what he does after that is irrelevant, he loses if he doesn't just walk away. He'll tire of cutting himself every time he reaches in, in short order.

If you decide to go unarmed against the blade, just remember your circle defenses, then take control of them or the knife hand.
That's precisely the skill I was thinking of. . .that time you had me defend with the wall of edge was an eye opener for me and gave me a lot of confidence. As such, in addition to my kubaton, I EDC two folders, a utility in my strong-side front pocket and my SD Griptilian folder in weak-side front pocket even when I'm at work on the DoD installation, where no one GAF even though they're both technically longer blades than allowed. ;)

· Administrator
33,045 Posts
I know at least two who would do this class, maybe three. Thought about seeing how Many it would take to do a Riddle in the Desert.
I'd be up for either, a class here or would gladly do a Brownie "Riddle in the Desert" course. I'm retiring as of 12/31 and have a lot more freedom for when and where to train! 🤠

· Registered
21,781 Posts
Take control of it and shove it up his arse...from the front...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts