Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I have not bought any because I just can not afford it.
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
It sounds odd, but I've only purchased ammo for photographic purposes since things got weird. Like I just had to get a box of the Federal Syntech since I knew it would look nifty in a photo.

For training I dip into the oldest in my reserves.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I am still mystified as to why more people did not see the need to buy and stock up on ammo after the 2016 election...especially Floridians. We came within an eye lash of having a Democrat senator AND governor. The presidential election was not a huge landslide as some may think as Trump won many more states but only had a 3,000,000 larger margin overall, and with all the bullcrap the left gave him and stirred up during his term it, and the Trump train passengers that had enough was to be expected the fraud and voter abuse would be a given. As I said before I would buy between 250-500 rds of 9mm and at least 500-1000 rds of .22 ammo over what I shot at the range each month. People like my son that lives in a liberal scum bucket....Seattle, Wa, but is one of probably 1000 residents of the city that is republican would not listen to me....could not understand the need as he had it under control. His under control LGSs all left Seattle and the surrounding area stores went full blown gouging. Walmart, Dicks and other big box stores not selling hand gun ammo anymore did not help at all either. I heard and read the holier than thou, re-loaders jacking their jaws about how dumb we non re loaders were....now it is as hard to find powder, bullets, primers and brass as the finished product. This SCAMdemic and all the other woes of this country with these "coincidental mass shootings" at the time Joe wants more and more gun control, there can not be any ray of sunshine to look forward to with prices and availability of firearms and ammo.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts

·
Registered
8,057 Posts
I haven’t bought ammo in 4 years. I would pick up some primers if I found a reasonable deal.
Primers? Hmmmmm
Small and Large pistol?

What’s your reasonable?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
With All the anti-gun crap coming from the Dems I'm worried we may be looking back in a few years and wishing we bought ammo at todays prices.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
It sounds odd, but I've only purchased ammo for photographic purposes since things got weird. Like I just had to get a box of the Federal Syntech since I knew it would look nifty in a photo.

For training I dip into the oldest in my reserves.
Yup, I do FIFO on my supply as well. As best I can, at least.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I own and run my own gun blog, and it's no secret that I post ammo and firearms deals of interest throughout social media and on the blog itself in the form of affiliate links. It's not millions, but the operation pays for itself and I can buy a decent slice of pizza or two afterwards.

Anyways, I posted that Lucky Gunner had some Black Hills 5.56mm 77gr OTM Mk262 Mod 1 in stock. Now, Black Hills is usually pricey, so it's even more pricier in the panic.

Some suggested that we should all stop buying ammo and this will force manufacturers and sellers to lower their price. But, isn't ammo on a slim margin anyways? And aren't we at the mercy of raw materials, etc? Like ammo makers can't control the price of lead and funky primer components...

Thoughts?
If I never buy another round, I'm good for the duration.

·
Registered
8,057 Posts

·
Registered
8,794 Posts
I unfortunately went got into suppressed stuff right before the Panic. I was woefully unprepared when it came to subsonic other than 22lr. It has been a painful year getting ammo to shoot and not a lot of it either. So I do not shoot very much because of it. Other than that I'm good.

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
That suck's
All i know Mr. Earl , I did some quick calculating & by today's unheard of prices ,
i could purchase a real high end handgun or rifle . That's If i sold some of my limited on hand stock .. Oh well , i'm glad i could buy some back a bit . Right now honestly i could not replace what i have or even close to it ..

Let's hope they were wrong , what some said a few months back . Our inventory would then become paperweights period .. If ever the SHTF , my so called paperweights will come alive faster than a case of montazuma's revenge . (y)

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Premium Member
514 Posts
All i know Mr. Earl , I did some quick calculating & by today's unheard of prices ,
i could purchase a real high end handgun or rifle . That's If i sold some of my limited on hand stock .. Oh well , i'm glad i could buy some back a bit . Right now honestly i could not replace what i have or even close to it ..

Let's hope they were wrong , what some said a few months back . Our inventory would then become paperweights period .. If ever the SHTF , my so called paperweights will come alive faster than a case of montazuma's revenge . (y)
Mr. BH .. Thank you for your input (y)

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thankfully was a compulsive buyer when it was "cheap" - in retrospect. Haven't had to buy any, but have cut back on shooting it, too.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
21 - 40 of 41 Posts