Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vector 51P 308 pistol

Just picked up one of these at the shop a few months ago. No longer in production and out of business. They're in high demand from those who understand they come standard with a full auto bolt carrier and SEF trigger group. All HK parts within with a Vector receiver. Quality piece of machinery and the recoil/fireball this throws is something to see and feel.

It's a .308 semi auto pistol that takes HK91/G3 mags. This one is going to get SBR'd [ federal form to turn it into a short barreled rifle ] in 2009.

Home defense or checking out that bump in the night anyone?:rolf

Brownie

Attachments

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Are you sure that's sufficient for home defense? What's the matter, you couldn't lay your hands on one of these?

J/K, uber cool score. I'm jealous. :clap

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
Congrats Brownie! I watched several videos of that being fired when you first mentioned that weapon and it is most definitely impressive.

Deadeye, could you tell me if that is a HK and what caliber that round is?

Thanks!

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ron,

It's an HK 51B belt fed 308. Buddy of mine owns one back east. There are only two guys who can convert them properly to belt feds in the U.S.

Here's my buddy Greg shooting his 51B on youtube. That clip was taken at the Hanson R+G club in Mass. where I was the Sgt at Arms for many years before moving out here to Az. I've shot that 51B on many occasions with Greg at the annual Machine Gun shoot held at the club grounds where I was responsible to the safety of everyone on the line with 40-50 machine guns of all types during my tenure as Sgt at Arms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L66ThY8WTvk

Deadeye,

If only I had the money to own and run one of those:D

Brownie

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SwampRat, I edited the post to include a link to my buddy Greg shooting his, check it out and let me know what you think. Pay attention to the recoil control on full auto, he has the skills with the toys.

Brownie

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
SwampRat, I edited the post to include a link to my buddy Greg shooting his, check it out and let me know what you think. Pay attention to the recoil control on full auto, he has the skills with the toys.

Brownie
Got the skills for sure..one push back and he sets it..no rise, no more push...Awesome firepower

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
That is great control of that weapon in full auto! How long could you fire that in auto before you have barrel problems?

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Greg changes out barrels that are fried after just 5,000 rds through it on full auto.

He's got a lot of money tied up in that toy [ about 30K just for the gun and belt conversion ] alone. It's a blast to fire, and few except he and I can run a belt through it and keep all the shots inside a cars window at 45 yrds. My Vector 51P is lame compared to the big boy toys he owns and plays with.

I'm going back to run the machine gun shoot again this May 30-June 1 weekend [ Greg puts the event on and has bugged me to come back and run the line for him for 5 years now ]. I'll be shooting that puppy that weekend at the end of the first day [ Sat ] again.

It's been far too long since I've been on the autos and I need a "fix" bad.:D

Brownie

·
Registered
5,581 Posts
Nice and .308 to boot. Does he reload or use off the shelf stuff?

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Military surplus [ berdan primed ] as well as reloadable cases [ boxer primed ]. He has the link/delink mechanical device as well and can throw belts together in a hurry if need be.

Brownie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts