Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
That was a Cheitec 406 intervention system if you are talking about the movie Shooter. one of us should have been a consultant the dog would have run like hell.
My dog would try to lick the barrel. (Not too bright that one.)
When he was a pup, he didn't have any problems spotting (the carpet) for me.

But now that he's older, he's a total bad-ass and you'd better not screw with him.
Or at least he thinks he is. (We don't have the heart to tell him any different.)

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
It was the Cheytec 408, I'm getting old my memory sometimes isn't as sharp as I would like, the reason I remember because I have wanted one for along time and Santa has not come through yet. It holds the world record for distance.

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Perhaps you meant to say that despite several inaccurate and misguided statements in the article,the prediction is upheld.
No, I meant exactly what I wrote in the OP. Read the last sentence again, particularly the words "may" and "someday."

·
Registered
303 Posts
The article contained a fair admixture of assertions about guns made by people who don't know much about them, and whining bureaucrats who are either badly misinformed or simply lying about current US laws:

"Milanowski said the lack of tough U.S. penalties for firearms trafficking leaves ATF without leverage to turn offenders into informants. U.S. lawmakers have introduced multiple anti-trafficking bills in Congress, but none of them has passed, largely because of the strength of the gun lobby."

That came from the head of the Houston area ATF region. The last I heard, straw purchases are subject to years in prison and astronomical fines.

·
Registered
12,019 Posts
The article contained a fair admixture of assertions about guns made by people who don't know much about them, and whining bureaucrats who are either badly misinformed or simply lying about current US laws:

"Milanowski said the lack of tough U.S. penalties for firearms trafficking leaves ATF without leverage to turn offenders into informants. U.S. lawmakers have introduced multiple anti-trafficking bills in Congress, but none of them has passed, largely because of the strength of the gun lobby."

That came from the head of the Houston area ATF region. The last I heard, straw purchases are subject to years in prison and astronomical fines.
Yeah... LE's failure to ENFORCE the litany of existing "firearms trafficking" laws does not mean there is a "lack of tough penalties." You cannot render penalties, if you don't ***king prosecute them, ya ninnies!!

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
It's a good thing I sold all my guns when I new Biden had won because I would be so safe with him in charge I would not need them anymore.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
I'm not the "chicken little" type, but thought this article from the WaPo (sent to me at work; I don't regularly read WaPo) was a bit interesting. Not so long ago, racer predicted that the anti-gun agenda would one day try to target so called "sniper rifles." Several misguided or inaccurate statements made by the author of that article seem to support that prediction may come true one day. :unsure:
Mr. BH .. IMHO Nothing , But Nothing At All , Would Surprise Me . Especially With The Dem's In Charge
Now ! Do Not Be Surprised About Them Cutting Our Throats "With Legislation" Regarding Everything "Gun Related" .. " Gunner "

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Here is a target rifle soon to be a target M1500 Howa if the remington 700 and winchester had baby rifle this would be it with a Griffen can and Bushnell 4.5X30X50 XRS Tactical scope View attachment 70062
Hi There Mr. Earl ! .. Awesome Look & I love the Description of the Rifles you stated . I have all (3) Types in .223 / 7 Mag & 30.06 .. What is the Caliber ? 👍
That is Some Powerful Scope ! .. I love the 'Can ' Also ..Thinking of adding one to my 7 Mag . Last time i shot it , My L /Earplug got Loose & i was Deaf for about (3) days . I had loaded them up myself Too . Never Again ! :)
P. S. - 'Ear Headset' Next Time For Sure ! ( Live & Learn ) Congrats ! Gunner

·
Registered
7,867 Posts
That rifle is 6.5 Creedmoore I'm using 140g Hornady ELD-M handloads with IMR4551 enduron copper fouling removeing powder, I have not got to use my new chronograph yet but soon. I got the rifle black friday last year but the china flu has my range F-ed up.

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
That rifle is 6.5 Creedmoore I'm using 140g Hornady ELD-M handloads with IMR4551 enduron copper fouling removeing powder, I have not got to use my new chronograph yet but soon. I got the rifle black friday last year but the china flu has my range F-ed up.
Great Caliber Mr. Earl ! .. I love the Hornady 'ELD' Ogives & A Huge fan Of Hornady Bullets ( Most All Calibers ) . I have a New 1 Lb Copper Fouling Removing Powder as well, But CFE BLK ( For My .300 B/O Ammo Loads ) Great about the 'Chronograph ' & Hopefully You Can Use It Soon ! Strange , The Closest I have come to Your Caliber Is my Winchester .264 Mag . Very close to your 6.5 I Do Believe .. My ** Brother ( Now Deceased ) borrowed Mine for "Power Line" Hunting Way Back , Dead On @ 300 Yds . One Shot & Down ! .Yea , Sorry about Your Range Deal / Covid .. Please Advise When You Shoot Her 👍 P.S. -** He Always Was A Helluva Shot , Rifle , Shotgun & Pistol .
Very Very Early ( Back When ) We Had Matching .35 Marlin 336 Lever Actions .

·
Super Moderator
28,444 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Here is a target rifle soon to be a target M1500 Howa if the remington 700 and winchester had baby rifle this would be it with a Griffen can and Bushnell 4.5X30X50 XRS Tactical scope View attachment 70062
I think you will really enjoy the HOWA 1500 in 6.5 Creedmoor. I love mine that Bob helped me build a couple of years ago topped with an Athlon MIDAS BTR SFP 4.5-27x50 APLR1 MIL scope, but no Can, just a muzzle break. Here's a photo of mine before I put the muzzle break and Bell & Carlson stock on it:
20180711_191443.jpg

In the Summer of 2019, Bob coached myself, Caleb, Racer, and IIRC shooter4 through a 1,000 yard steel shoot. As a mostly pistol shooter, I hadn't ever before reached out that far with a rifle and I was hooked on long range shooting. Love that rifle!

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Great gun maybe some of the members will also share their long range target rifles, before the tragic boating accidents happen on the 20th.
Here's the "business end" of my Ruger RPR (#18080) chambered in .338 Lapua Magnum.
w/ IOR Valdata Recon G2 scope.

(This thing's pretty heavy. I'll have to shop around for a center-console boat.)

21 - 40 of 50 Posts