Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone seen one of these in the flesh? I’d be interested in an opinion. I am mildly intrigued by these. I looked at them on gun broker last night and was able to swoop in and get 200 rounds of double tap 125 grain copper hollow points for just a tiny bit over a buck a round. Real 10 mm, 1600 ft./s 700+ foot pounds muzzle energy.

Isn’t there a law enforcement Smith distributor up around Jacksonville?

·
Registered
5,683 Posts
GT Distributors

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got one ordered today. We have those nine lots in North Carolina on a pretty pristine mountain that we plan to build on. One of the last times I was out there I heard an Elk bellowing and thrashing around. I understand they are bad sports if you invade their territory in the woods. I’m thinking this might be a nice carry pistol.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The .460 Rowland would do it and the .50 GI would probably do it too but they’re just a little big. The Glock 29 doesn’t have the capacity, the 20 and the 41 are also a little clunky.

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I picked it up today and took a few photographs. My initial impression is that it is standard Smith and Wesson quality. The trigger is terribly gritty up until you hit the wall and it breaks nicely. The reset is crisp and tactile but not that audible.

The pistol has a 4 inch barrel and as you can see from the photographs it has big clunky suppressor height sights. Both magazines were greasy and needed a good job with renaissance wax. Kind of reminded me of the Brasso and belt buckle days.

The front 25% of the recoil spring is sprayed with some orange paint and it was everywhere inside the pistol from test firing. It came with several interchangeable back straps, small, medium, medium large, large. I should add that it is optic ready and comes with a few plates

Overall size wise, please see the picture of it and a Wiley Clapp lightweight colt commander, they are almost exactly the same size. If I get time I will shoot it tomorrow but with 15 in the magazine and one in the chamber capability and considering the grip angle and ergonomically I think it’s a big improvement over a Glock 29 or 20.
Table Black Trigger Air gun Grey
Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Gun accessory

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
30,988 Posts
Very nice.(y)(y)

Although I'd love a 10mm pistol, I shutter to think of the cost of feeding one. :unsure:

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fortunately I have a bit of 10 mm ammo on hand. I’m also told by some of the reviews that this one will shoot 40 caliber without a problem.

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Nice pistol Sir! Hope it serves you well up north of here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Shark1007

·
Registered
17,643 Posts
Nice gun. But why suppressor height sights on a gun that didn’t come with a threaded barrel? Possible they put wrong sights on it or maybe that slide was supposed to go on one with a threaded barrel?
I’d bet if you call S&W they’ll send you some regular sights for it.

·
Registered
7,021 Posts
^^^ it doubles as a cutting edge when you pistol whip someone. ;)

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Fortunately I have a bit of 10 mm ammo on hand. I’m also told by some of the reviews that this one will shoot 40 caliber without a problem.
You be careful with that Roger!
The 10mm auto headspaces from the case mouth. That means that when you chamber a shorter round like the .40 S&W; the round is only held in place by the extractor nose in the extractor groove of the cartridge case.

So, when anyone says that their 10mm auto shoots “just fine” with .40 S&W rounds; that’s a big “so far”…

·
Registered
8,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree with you both. I have enough ammo in both calibers to get by. As far as the sights, they are intentional because the pistol is optics ready. They are set up to co-witness.I don’t like them and I will probably change them out. I got those 1600 ft./s Double Tap copper hollow points delivered and I’m looking forward to the fireball. There’s a Pitbull song joke in there somewhere.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I really gave 10mm a deep thought but I didn't want to start another caliber, dies ,conversion kit ect. I'm reloading so many now but I might change my mind. Best of luck on never needing it for a bear.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Very nice shark. I also bought into the 10mm club last year, although I went with the Springfield 4.5” OSP. Mounted a Vortex Venom on it. Really happy with it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts