Florida Concealed Carry banner

?

• I use the slide stop to chamber the 1st round every time.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Never, I pull the slide back and release the slide by hand to chamber religiously.

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Depends on mood or wind direction

Votes: 4 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you use the slide stop as a release to chamber a round?
I was reading about it here.
Had to turn my adblock off to see the page.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Do you use the slide stop as a release to chamber a round?
I was reading about it here.
Had to turn my adblock off to see the page.

Some of time yes most of the time no. I do it if my weak hand is occupied

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,302 Posts
I use the slide stop when loading a gun to test the recoil spring. Using the slide stop and having failure to feed issues is a strong indication of a bad recoil spring or a recoil spring getting ready to go bad.
When racking the slide back you compress it the spring completely and when the spring is going bad it may still go into battery.
When doing remedial drills or emergency reloads I rack the slide.

·
Super Moderator
26,572 Posts

Oh no, not this argument again! 🤣

Same as CZ Man and Bob for me. Mostly no, but but as Bob says or if the weak hand is occupied or otherwise "not available," then by all means. 🤠

·
Registered
5,411 Posts
Oh no, not this argument again! 🤣
We had this discussion awhile back when I asked the same question. If we’re going to have it again, everyone make sure you’re using correct nomenclature for the parts involved. It brings out some real OCD in folks when you don’t.🤣:LOL:

·
Super Moderator
26,572 Posts
Yup, that's the "discussion" I was talking about!

Reactions: RadTek and gandrfab

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
This video sounds a lot like this forum!!!!:ROFLMAO:

·
Super Moderator
26,572 Posts
^^^^
And about as absurd as some of posts claiming to present facts but are just "feels" opinions. 👎

Reactions: bttbbob

·
Registered
5,950 Posts

This^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
I love that Monty Python bit, the chairs just scream out “old”

That’s my second favorite next to the customer returning the dead parrot.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Many different opinions on this subject, but one firearm manufacture actually list using the slide lock as the preferred method to chamber a round.....Kahr! For my CM9 and is stated in their manual for any model of Kahr>>>> "Pull the slide fully to the rear and lock it back using the Slide Stop. Next push down on the Slide Stop to chamber the first round into the barrel. Do not chamber a round by pulling back on the slide and letting go of the slide. This may cause the slide to not go fully into battery".

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Many different opinions on this subject, but one firearm manufacture actually list using the slide lock as the preferred method to chamber a round.....Kahr! For my CM9 and is stated in their manual for any model of Kahr>>>> "Pull the slide fully to the rear and lock it back using the Slide Stop. Next push down on the Slide Stop to chamber the first round into the barrel. Do not chamber a round by pulling back on the slide and letting go of the slide. This may cause the slide to not go fully into battery".
I saw that after I bought my CM9 many years ago. I still don’t understand the reason for that...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I never had a problem with my CM9 using the sling shot method, but my CW 380 does not always go into full battery when the Kahr method is not used.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
For me it depends on the gun. I never do release with the slide stop on my 1911s. Glocks on the other hand, yes, when doing reloading drills.

·
Super Moderator
10,586 Posts
As a lefty, I find pulling the slide back and releasing it most convenient on most guns, so that's the habit I've developed.

·
Registered
20,299 Posts
i use three methods...
if i insert a mag crisply my gun will drop into battery immediately...
i automatically go to the slide lock lever in the event it does not...
i will manually use my weak hand to cycle the slide into battery...my biggest fear with this method is that under duress one might ride the slide and prevent it from going into battery...but one should practice the action regularly , along with tap racks and other jam corrections...train as you fight, fight as you train...
people should be also practicing multiple methods to rack the slide when forced to shoot one handed , in the event their strong or weak hand is injured...

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I was just going thru Hickok45 videos, saw on Glock 43x saw he used the slide release to chamber a round. I guess I am not the only one doing this on a Glock 43x as well as my Kahrs.

Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Registered
20,299 Posts
Is it supposed to do that?
4 glocks and every one of them does it...if you look at how the slide lock works it makes sense...kind of like the brownie pop opening a knife...

Reactions: mike_1950

·
Registered
5,950 Posts
The only pistol that did that for me was the original M&P 9 I used to own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 24 Posts