Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
On my weekly range trips (Pre Covid) I always took a .22 caliber 'fun gun' as well as a centerfire revolver or semi auto. Here are my .22's. I love 'em all and they all get shot regularly.

Smith & Wesson Model 41

View attachment 70311

Browning Buck Mark Camper
View attachment 70312

Ruger MKIII
View attachment 70313

Browning Medalist [Made in 1967]
View attachment 70321

Browning Challenger 6 1/2" Barrel [Made in 1969]
View attachment 70315

Browning Challenger 4 1/2" Barrel [Made in 1962]
View attachment 70316

GSG 1911-22
View attachment 70317

Ruger Single Ten
View attachment 70318

Ruger Single Six
View attachment 70319

Smith & Wesson Model 34-1 [Made in 1969]
View attachment 70320
Hi Mr. Big Bore 44 .. Great collection & pictures ! My B.I.Law ( Mr. .22 ) Would love your pictures .. He has a few of what you have shown & Loves His Collection ! His 'Vintage' collection of .22's range from the 60's back to the 40's .. Last count he had , well lets say over (3) & less than (20) lol ..;)(y)
" Gunner "

Reactions: BeerHunter
I don't need skills maintenance, 35 years of muscle memory and 1.5 million rounds downrange. How would I know that for sure? From past experience. I laid off ANY shooting for 5 years while still working the streets daily in the early 90's. Back on the range, 1/2, 3/4 hip, point shoulder and Quick Kill pistol skills were right where they had been. Draw stroke was a few .10's slower than past recorded times though.

Now, if you don't have 1.5 million rounds downrange and 50 years of honed skills, perhaps that person would be in a different situation and need to practice.

Another example, I go 6 months not shooting between courses in Fla. with people here. Did anyone see my demo's of the skills lacking? If they did, no one ever brought it up.

Just to expand on my last post about skills maintenance. Students would be reminded [ they have the skills ] that the skills I employ are instivie skills, and when it only takes one or two mags to be proficient in each of the skills for someone new to the skills, it really means they always had the ability to use them and just didn't have the knowledge of the "how to".

Thus, after the million plus rds down range using the skills I employ, I can go 5 years without shooting and step right up to the plate and perform as if I'd been shooting every day for that 5 years.

One of the great advantages to learning how to shoot instinctively, that many people may not realize. For the rest of the shooting community that uses fsp, you're on your own.

As usual, he’s right. Before two of Brownie’s classes, I hadn’t shot any for several months; four months on one, and six months on the other. The skills were still there. I think because they were developed over a lifetime of activity, then Brownie showed us how to apply them to shooting.

I practice the Zipper constantly. Three or four days a month, on steel silhouettes. Revos and semi’s.
Zipper the front, add 2 by 6 wood and zipper the side.
Zipper, zipper, zipper......I’ve been obsessed since the first time Brownie showed me.

Been on the market for a G44 for the past month or two because of ammo prices, unfortunately they are priced very high (close to 600). Was about to give up when I ended up finding this at a gun store in Delray Beach! Was visiting there and had some time to kill so stopped by a gun store there. They had this Colt 1911 rail gun .22lr and fell in love with it.

Attachments

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.