Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I average 500 rounds of .22 a week. It’s fun but most important it keeps my brain in gear for target and mostly shooting on the move.

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Nice 22s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,990 Posts
I do like old colts it is a crime the way the management looted and bankrupted the company, so I'm good in that department. I have quite a few 22's mostly S&W's. I do practice with 22's all the time. Now if Gunner has a 20 year old Gold cup he's getting rid of let me know. I'm going to order a Lesbaer custom 1911, my Nazi Hi-power sold, if anyone has had bad service from them let me know. Pictures and range report whenever it get's here.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Hi Mr. Shark .. With The Above Beautiful Pistols , You're Either Bragging , Or Trying to Drive 'Mr. Earl' Crazy With Your Outstanding "Gold Cup" 🍻 ! (lol) ;) (y)
My Bad Mr. Shark ! I Shouldn't have Jumped to the Conclusion that what you showed was Indeed the 'Gold Cup' That i Know & Heard Plenty About .. As far as a .22 , My First Pistol , A Ruger Standard model 4" Barrel , Around Middle 60's . It Was The Only .22 caliber Handgun I Ever owned if Memory serves me .
No I have No Gold Cup 20 years old or Other ( LOL ) Allow me to 'Apologize' , as That Handgun looks Fairly Close to the High End one .. I Should've Read "More Carefully" the Post , The Only Hesitation I Did have , Was The Stamping . It Really Didn't look like a High End Gun & Not too Shiny .. Allow Me to "Withdraw my Foot" Out of My Mouth ! When I Am Wrong , I Will Be the First To Right That Wrong ! In Retrospect my Intent was to make a Small joke , Bad Decision ! For $200 , I'd buy a couple of them , I guess not in this market , even a .22 :oops: p.s.- Of course I have No Idea When You Purchased Either Handgun .:unsure:
BTW , Very Good Info' & Point Well Taken Mr. Shark .. I'll be more Careful Now ..

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
The only .22LR handgun I have and shoot is a S&W M22A1 target pistol. I almost bought a .22LR conversion kit for one of my P229s a while back for eactly the reasons stated in this thread; more economical "muscle memory" practice. Instead, I bought a green gas blowback P229 airsoft pistol for that purpose and then got to use that in brownie's FoF course he and EBL put on about 5 years ago. That was a fun course!!!

I do have one more .22LR "handgun" but I don't dare shoot the thing; it's an old chrome plated Röhm Gesellschaft (Germany) O/U .22LR Deringer I took off my mom's hands over 30 years ago because she inherited it from her late husband and didn't know what to do with or want it. That thing is tiny and looks pretty rough (needs to be refinished) and I've no interest in shooting it, but it is an interesting piece, at least to me given it's history. 🤠

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
The only .22LR handgun I have and shoot is a S&W M22A1 target pistol. I almost bought a .22LR conversion kit for one of my P229s a while back for eactly the reasons stated in this thread; more economical "muscle memory" practice. Instead, I bought a green gas blowback P229 airsoft pistol for that purpose and then got to use that in brownie's FoF course he and EBL put on about 5 years ago. That was a fun course!!!

I do have one more .22LR "handgun" but I don't dare shoot the thing; it's an old chrome plated Röhm Gesellschaft (Germany) O/U .22LR Deringer I took off my mom's hands over 30 years ago because she inherited it from her late husband and didn't know what to do with or want it. That thing is tiny and looks pretty rough (needs to be refinished) and I've no interest in shooting it, but it is an interesting piece, at least to me given it's history. 🤠
Yes Mr. BH , Very iInteresting piece of History ! All ( I have read ) That Rohm Guns in General were not well made ( Unknown what year(s) this was reflected on .. I Almost bought a Rohm Handgun Maybe 15-20 years ago .. It also looked bit rough . I looked it up on Google back then , & it had a poor mechanical functioning . Unusual for German Made Handguns ..I Currently Have (2 ) P 38's in 9mm . One has the lighter Aluminum frame area & black painted finish . Now The Other one Is All Steel , Very Nice & in Original blue . We All have Handguns It seems we are Leary about .. In Your Case , an Unusual Gun With History ! (y)

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
You might be referring to the U.S. branch of Röhm Gmbh (RG) established in Miami in the 1970s as "RG Industries" (later Umerex) that produced revolvers, semiautomatics, and derringers in .22LR, .25 ACP, .32 S&W, and .38 Special. Their RD 14 revolver in .22LR became "famous" because the RG 14 is the gun that John Hinkley, Jr. used to try and assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981. The RD line was inexpensive and thus, as you say, not well made firearms. The RD revolvers, in particular, is where the term "Saturday Night Special" came from because they were cheap, which made law enforcement believe they were mostly of interest mainly to street criminals looking for a cheap, disposable handgun. :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Both the 22 pistols were made by Umarex. They make a large number of pistols which are copies of centerfire weapons. They also make a lot of airsoft and BB guns. I’m guessing they have some kind of licensing agreement with the major firearms companies.

They look exactly like the real thing and the illusion disappears when you pick them up and feel the recoil spring. I don’t think they’re a real quality piece but they feel the need.
B777C46C-E769-4AEB-BE50-564EA0A76586.jpeg

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
You might be referring to the U.S. branch of Röhm Gmbh (RG) established in Miami in the 1970s as "RG Industries" (later Umerex) that produced revolvers, semiautomatics, and derringers in .22LR, .25 ACP, .32 S&W, and .38 Special. Their RD 14 revolver in .22LR became "famous" because the RG 14 is the gun that John Hinkley, Jr. used to try and assassinate President Ronald Reagan in 1981. The RD line was inexpensive and thus, as you say, not well made firearms. The RD revolvers, in particular, is where the term "Saturday Night Special" came from because they were cheap, which made law enforcement believe they were mostly of interest mainly to street criminals looking for a cheap, disposable handgun. :unsure:
Mr. BH .. WOW ! You are a Walking Encyclopedia ! Thank You For Your In Depth Info' as it's Appreciated ! The One I had in Question was a .38 Revolver .
I learn something everyday on here . Again, Thanks For The Description ! ;)

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Both the 22 pistols were made by Umarex. They make a large number of pistols which are copies of centerfire weapons. They also make a lot of airsoft and BB guns. I’m guessing they have some kind of licensing agreement with the major firearms companies.

They look exactly like the real thing and the illusion disappears when you pick them up and feel the recoil spring. I don’t think they’re a real quality piece but they feel the need. View attachment 70280
Hi Mr. Shark - Thanks for the Info On the Clones , as they had me tricked for sure ! I looked one up On Google in .22 Cal By 'Walther' . Your $200 . Gun Is Now selling for Twice That . You have made a Wise Investment & Yes , It Definitely fills a void , as you have found it to keep 'Muscle Memory' .. ;) (y)
p.s. - Am I Forgiven for my 'Faux Pas' ? In My Defense , My 'Forte' is The Older All Metal Handguns , Especially the Semi Auto's . I Do Understand the Need For the Newer Polymer Carry Guns , Being Light . I Go with the Old Adage , "Generally" The Lighter the Weapon , More Inherent Recoil . They All Fill a Need & I Understand Their Attraction .. " Gunner " ( Just Call Me 'Old School' ) ( lol ) ;) 🍻 👍 IMHO , Nothing like a 'Steel' 1911 !

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
Mr. BH .. WOW ! You are a Walking Encyclopedia ! Thank You For Your In Depth Info' as it's Appreciated ! The One I had in Question was a .38 Revolver .
I learn something everyday on here . Again, Thanks For The Description ! ;)
Not really and don't know much about a lot of guns, but as a big fan of Ronald Reagan, the history of the gun used to attempt assassination and it's manufacturer are of particular interest, especially since I inherited a derringer made by the same company. :unsure:

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Not really and don't know much about a lot of guns, but as a big fan of Ronald Reagan, the history of the gun used to attempt assassination and it's manufacturer are of particular interest, especially since I inherited a derringer made by the same company. :unsure:
Mr. BH .. Gotcha , However I have been On Here long enough to Have Read your Postings On 'Any subject ' . IMHO , I think You Are Selling Yourself Short ! I Know 'Intelligence' when someone Speaks on a certain subject .. I know how You Feel with the Connection to Ronald Regan's attempted assassination . What were the odds Relating to Your Family Inheritance ? .. Good , Bad Or indifferent , It Still Is a Definite Piece of History . No One Will 'Ever' Tear That Down ! (y)🍻🍺

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
Gunner, I’m old-school to when it comes to steel 1911’s!
Mr. Shark , I Do Know That Much About You & A few Other's on here ! You Also Speak with High Intelligence , as is Apparent . I guess We're Just 'Stuck In The Past' with Our All Metal "Browning" Heavily Influenced Handguns , Even Today !
P.S. - I Saw a Show , Not Too Long ago from The Philippines . A Family in The Jungle 'Outskirts' Were Hand Making ( With Simple Tools ) .45 1911 Handguns .
Very Interesting How They Moved them ( Bare Metal ) into Another location to be Finally finished . They Showed them First Being Test Fired , Before making that Trip . Loading them onto a Motor Bike to the "Finisher" .. Amazing With The Hand Fitting /Filing Etc they did ..IF They Got Caught , It Was All Over for them !

·
Registered
35 Posts
On my weekly range trips (Pre Covid) I always took a .22 caliber 'fun gun' as well as a centerfire revolver or semi auto. Here are my .22's. I love 'em all and they all get shot regularly.

Smith & Wesson Model 41

Browning Buck Mark Camper

Ruger MKIII

Browning Medalist [Made in 1967]

Browning Challenger 6 1/2" Barrel [Made in 1969]

Browning Challenger 4 1/2" Barrel [Made in 1962]

GSG 1911-22

Ruger Single Ten

Ruger Single Six

Smith & Wesson Model 34-1 [Made in 1969]

·
Super Moderator