Florida Concealed Carry banner
81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Let me explain because you still obviously don't understand the terms. If you have a glitch in your grip and have to reposition your hand, you will be slower. If you have a glitch in your draw, you will be slower. If you have a glitch in your presentation, you will be slower. I don't care how fast you think you are. I can improve your speed, if I take the glitches our of your draw stroke. People have seen me, from concealed, not open draw, to first shot at .87. That does not happen if my drawstroke is not smooth.
Fair enough, I probably don't understand what you mean when you use terms like glitch and smooth to describe what you are trying to convey.

Is .87 from concealment considered fast? I ask because I'm not sure what you mean when you say "from concealment".

·
Registered
14,701 Posts
Fair enough, I probably don't understand what you mean when you use terms like glitch and smooth to describe what you are trying to convey.

Is .87 from concealment considered fast? I ask because I'm not sure what you mean when you say "from concealment".
It is a simple statement. My gun in concealed under clothing. I can clear the clothing, draw and fire in under 1 second. That isn't just considered fast, it is considered stellar. I can tell you that is better than 99 percent of the concealed carriers in this country. And I am 66. I used to be able to do it in under .5 seconds in my youth. Again this is with 100's of thousands of drawstokes under my belt. A glitch is anything that takes more time than it should.

·
Registered
668 Posts
It is a simple statement. My gun in concealed under clothing. I can clear the clothing, draw and fire in under 1 second. That isn't just considered fast, it is considered stellar. I can tell you that is better than 99 percent of the concealed carriers in this country. And I am 66. I used to be able to do it in under .5 seconds in my youth. Again this is with 100's of thousands of drawstokes under my belt. A glitch is anything that takes more time than it should.
Are you talking strong side IWB, OWB, appendix, abdominal, pocket, hand-on-gun, hands at side, interview position? Distance from target, size of target, extension, retention, half hip? Not really that simple.

·
Registered
14,701 Posts
Are you talking strong side IWB, OWB, appendix, abdominal, pocket, hand-on-gun, hands at side, interview position? Not really that simple.
No it really is simple. Concealed means concealed. I don’t give a rhats azz how you carry. What is your draw to first shot from concealed since we don’t open carry in Florida. Concealed means no hand on gun. And I don’t carry where your hands are if the gun is under a cover garment. Put your hands wherever you want.

·
Registered
668 Posts
No it really is simple. Concealed means concealed. I don’t give a rhats azz how you carry. What is your draw to first shot from concealed since we don’t open carry in Florida. Concealed means no hand on gun. And I don’t carry where your hands are if the gun is under a cover garment. Put your hands wherever you want.
I was just wondering the specifics on your .87 draw. Honestly, I'm not trying to aggravate or upset you, but simply wondering about the specifics.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts