Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
I have a couple 320’s about the same size and concealable, but a little clunky. Might be a winter pistol.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
https://www.sigsauer.com/products/firearms/pistols/m17-m18/

Someone asked me about this firearm. They are thinking of buying it. Anyone have opinion. My first thought is that it's probably not a good carry gun, too long - 8 inches. Longer than a Glock 17
Looks big and heavy.
Too much for me (for carry), and I'm a big guy.
And if you're friend lives in Florida, are they prepared to IWB this thing if needed?

A Glock-19 is plenty, in my opinion.

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Rayman

I have 320’s and a couple different holsters and live in Sanford FWIW. I have carried them both, the Panther holster does it’s job for sure. If you and friend would like to stop by some day, you’re very welcome.

Shark

·
Registered
379 Posts
I carry the 320 compact iwb this would be the same as the m18. It is easy to carry in a stealth gear full size iwb holster. The 17 is going to be more difficult to carry iwb. Same size as the 320 carry. I believe the barrel and Height is about 8/10 ths of a inch long and higher then the compact. The carry weighs about 3 oz or so more and that does not count the 2 extra rounds in the mag. that fits this gun.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the offer Shark !!

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
This is the carry version and not a long barrel, i have the M17 and like it a lot for home use with the safety. I wouldnt use the safety if i were carrying it. Ive carried G20 and 21’s, so this wouldnt be much different. The 18 would be no problem to carry.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My pleasure. Contact me any time. I also have a range setup here too. Be pleased to have visitors.
Ill be in touch in the next week or so, would like to meet up and try out your range !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts