Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last weekend, after much deliberation, I purchased a Sig Sauer P250 in 9MM. I finally managed to get to the range with it today. It was an awful morning for it, 41 degrees, spitting rain and blowing a gale! Despite the inclement weather, I did manage to put 96 rounds through it.

The P250 shoots really really nicely. This is my first DAO pistol. One of the deciding factors in purchasing it was the trigger feel. I really liked it dry firing. It is incredible with live rounds. Very smooth, and not too heavy (it's about 6.5 lbs). It did take about 16 rounds for me to get used to it, as the only thing I had ever shot before were striker fired pistols. As for recoil, what recoil? Even shooting with my weak side (incidentally, I had shoulder surgery on my weak side shoulder just over 3 months ago) recoil was negligible, and I was able to bring the pistol back on target quickly and fire a nice grouping (even for my novice shooter self). The sights are very nice, and the pistol munched through rounds with no issues whatsoever.

All in all, I have to say that my first impression of the pistol was excellent, and I am very pleased with the purchase.

Specifics:

Sig Sauer P250 compact in 9MM
Medium grip size
standard trigger

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Nice report Chickdiver. Just a few questions. Did you get a chance to put any JHP through it. If you have not already maybe you can shoot a magazine load of your carry ammo just to see how it feeds and feel with the different load of the defensive round. Also how do you plan on carrying and with what holster. I'm trying to come up with recommendations for my lady for when she gets her license.

·
Registered
79 Posts
When I first started shooting a couple months ago, the 250 was the first gun I really liked. I still think about it. Congrats on a nice gun.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice report Chickdiver. Just a few questions. Did you get a chance to put any JHP through it. If you have not already maybe you can shoot a magazine load of your carry ammo just to see how it feeds and feel with the different load of the defensive round. Also how do you plan on carrying and with what holster. I'm trying to come up with recommendations for my lady for when she gets her license.

I did not manage to get any JHP through it today. I had planned to, but I got frustrated with the wind blowing the target over every 5 minutes! I am thinking that I will pick up a Comp-tac Minotaur for it. My EDC is a Walther PPS, which I also like quite a lot. I carry it in a Little Bear IWB. Dave at Little Bear is very helpful and customized one of his IWB's for me. I found a lot of good info on carrying at corneredcat.com. Personally I find that IWB at 2:30- 3:00 works best for me.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I did not manage to get any JHP through it today. I had planned to, but I got frustrated with the wind blowing the target over every 5 minutes! I am thinking that I will pick up a Comp-tac Minotaur for it. My EDC is a Walther PPS, which I also like quite a lot. I carry it in a Little Bear IWB. Dave at Little Bear is very helpful and customized one of his IWB's for me. I found a lot of good info on carrying at corneredcat.com. Personally I find that IWB at 2:30- 3:00 works best for me.
You mentioned the weather and I thought you encountered it while driving to the indoor range :rolf. Wow, You really wanted to shoot that gun. Good going. I'd probably do the same thing. I'll check out Little Bear holster. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition.

Now, go back to the store where the not-so-smart-aleck salesperson gave you lip, and ask to look at a Sig P250. Ask a lot of questions, like you were a first time buyer, show your increasing interest in the weapon, and then say, "Oh, I'm sorry! I forgot I already bought this from a shop that DIDN'T have twits working for it!"

And then exit stage left, cackling like a madman...er...woman.

-JT

1 - 8 of 8 Posts