Florida Concealed Carry banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
This is true…..^ he can’t hit the target either way, Racer has to do it for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maybe with a rifle; but I know damn well BH can shoot a pistol just fine shooting threat focused.. 👍

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
Maybe with a rifle; but I know damn well BH can shoot a pistol just fine shooting threat focused.. 👍
Roach is just still trying to get me back for a comment on the PBSO range when he was trying to get on paper with his rifle. After about 10-15 attempts, I asked him, "Would you like me to shoot a hole in your target so you can see what it looks like?" all to roars of laughter from Racer, myself, even Caleb, and I think the prone shooter to the left of him! 🤣

By the way, the two funniest rifle outings were that day at the PBSO range with racer and Caleb, AND that day at bttbbob's 500 yard shoot when I was zeroing in on the 2 inch steel plate that racer, Caleb, and Anduril had already hit, when racer hit it again just a microsecond before I was squeezing through trigger break, knocking the plate off it's mount with no time left to reset, spoiling my last opportunity. 🤣 All five of us were roaring with laughter. . .cuz it was an absolutely huge comedic moment!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Although it was hot with no shade, I really miss the PBSO range! Those Deputies running the range are some great dudes that we all got to know pretty well. 🤠

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Roach is just still trying to get me back for a comment on the PBSO range when he was trying to get on paper with his rifle. After about 10-15 attempts, I asked him, "Would you like me to shoot a hole in your target so you can see what it looks like?" all to roars of laughter from Racer, myself, even Caleb, and I think the prone shooter to the left of him! 🤣

By the way, the two funniest rifle outings were that day at the PBSO range with racer and Caleb, AND that day at bttbbob's 500 yard shoot when I was zeroing in on the 2 inch steel plate that racer, Caleb, and Anduril had already hit, when racer hit it again just a microsecond before I was squeezing through trigger break, knocking the plate off it's mount with no time left to reset, spoiling my last opportunity. 🤣 All five of us were roaring with laughter. . .cuz it was an absolutely huge comedic moment!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Although it was hot with no shade, I really miss the PBSO range! Those Deputies running the range are some great dudes that we all got to know pretty well. 🤠
HK in Sterling Va. in August with all the humidity that state offers in the summer, for counter sniper week long course. We laid on tarmac for over 2 hours as an exercise. They'd tap your foot randomly and you had to shoot right then [ IOW, stay on threat prone the whole time, waiting for that go signal to take the shot ]. Salty sweat burning your eyes, making it hard to see, but you were commanded to stay locked in for the shot and had to take it immediately upon being tagged.

One of the harder exercises I've been put through to say the least.

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Without my glasses I might have trouble focusing on the target, depending on size and distance.
Without glasses, a two inch circle at 15 yards is like, which one do I aim for:unsure::LOL:😟 ...🤓
Flash photography Event Midnight Darkness Electric blue

“I have two guns…one for each of ya!” :p

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
I like that pistol. (y)

I'm a bit nearsighted and my glasses will fuzz the front sight, front sight clear without glasses.
Red dot is the opposite, without glasses it has a "ear" or smear on the dot; however, if I'm wearing glasses the dot is clear.
I'm still able to make either work with or without glasses.
Wearing glasses advantage to the dot and being able to see faces & signs above isles in store clearly.
Glasses also afford some eye protection.

After about 400 rounds shooting with the dot my speed with it has improved, still not equal to fixed sights speed inside 10 yards, but close enough for me to feel comfortable carrying it.
I like being able to focus on the target with the dot, seems advantageous.
Stop looking at the gun/guns sights. Fully unnecessary to make excellent hits from point blank to 45 feet COM when one has the knowledge of how to use their natural ability to point.

·
Super Moderator
31,674 Posts
Stop looking at the gun/guns sights. Fully unnecessary to make excellent hits from point blank to 45 feet COM when one has the knowledge of how to use their natural ability to point.
Of course, you (and others) knew of exactly what I meant in post #15 because it was you who taught me "the mind was MY limiting factor" and thankfully is no more ever since! 🤠

21 - 27 of 27 Posts