Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was at the LGS this afternoon, and literally on the way out the door; decided to check one of the subject pistols out.

I decided to buy it, as first; I was startled by how nice the trigger was for an out of the box striker-fired pistol. Second; I have a friend who’s a Master class shooter in IDPA; and he’s been having a blast shooting his.

I doubt that I’ll ever carry it, but I have no doubt it’ll be a fun range toy to shoot in IDPA Carry Optics.

Sorry about the lint on the pistol in the pics. I ‘d just cleaned off whatever came on/in the gun; my standard practice with all new guns is to get off all the stuff, and replace it with Eezox.
I guess the pics are a bit “too clear.”

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory
Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Rick, I have two of the regular sized P365’s and agree the triggers are awesome out of the box. One of these ends up being my EDC as it is so easy to conceal. I use the 12 round mag so I can get a full purchase on the grip and carry 2 of the 15 round mags.

Nice score! (y)

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Here’s a little something I forgot to mention in my fist post; the red “dot” looks more like a constellation to me.
I‘ve had astigmatisms my whole life, and the cataracts started coming on a few years ago, making nice halos around any light source. So to me; that red dot has a center dot, then others at 1:00, 5:00, 7:00, and 9:00.
The last time I used one was on an AR that I shot a deer with in the swamp more than a few years ago. There was only one “dot” back then.

That’s something to check out for anyone thinking about getting an optical sight.

·
Super Moderator
31,675 Posts
Here’s a little something I forgot to mention in my fist post; the red “dot” looks more like a constellation to me.
I‘ve had astigmatisms my whole life, and the cataracts started coming on a few years ago, making nice halos around any light source. So to me; that red dot has a center dot, then others at 1:00, 5:00, 7:00, and 9:00.
The last time I used one was on an AR that I shot a deer with in the swamp more than a few years ago. There was only one “dot” back then.

That’s a little something to check out for anyone thinking about getting an optical sight.
Great advice, Rick! (y)

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rick, I have two of the regular sized P365’s and agree the triggers are awesome out of the box. One of these ends up being my EDC as it is so easy to conceal. I use the 12 round mag so I can get a full purchase on the grip and carry 2 of the 15 round mags.

Nice score! (y)
Joe:

I bought two extra 12 round mags (along with the two that came with the gun) and they came with adaptor sleeves/bases for using the 12 round mags in the 10 round grip frame models (P 365). They’re yours if you can use them. If not; they’re available for anyone else who does need them…

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
Rick, I thank you so much for such a kind offer. Not clear on your offer? Are you offering the 12 round mags or the sleeves to make 10 round mags larger? I personally have no use for the 10 round mags but I’m sure a lot of other members here might. Thank you so much and good luck with this. (y)

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
601 Posts

That’s a little something to check out for anyone thinking about getting an optical sight.
Yeah, me too. About a year after buying three nice Holosuns for my ARs, I started seeing double dots. At 100 m, "both" red dots hit about 3" apart; I need to remind myself which of the two to use. One of the joys of aging.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Rick, I thank you so much for such a kind offer. Not clear on your offer? Are you offering the 12 round mags or the sleeves to make 10 round mags larger? I personally have no use for the 10 round mags but I’m sure a lot of other members here might. Thank you so much and good luck with this. (y)
I’m offering the sleeves that are necessary to make the 12 round mags work in the 10 round P365 pistols. The “sleeves” don’t make the 10 round mags hold more; they modify the 12 round P 365X mags floor plate so that they’ll lock into place and function in the P 365 10 round pistols.

So; if anyone has a P365, and would like to be able to use the newer 12 round P 365X mags, let me know. No cost, and I’ll cover the shipping.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts

That’s something to check out for anyone thinking about getting an optical sight.
I've also had an astigmatism for a long time. My eotech on the brighter settings gives me a halo edge to the 65moa circle while the 3 moa dot in center looks like the sun, no distinct circle. No matter, halo up close, sun further out, still combat accurate to 100M whether they're fuzzy or not for me.

Maybe I've just learned to live with it on my various dots over the years. Seems the brighter the setting, the more halo affect, but it's still defined enough to do what it's supposed to for me.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
I put on a pair of reading glasses when I shoot with a red dot, very weak ones +1.00 and it makes a tremendous difference.
The glasses being only +1.00 do not distort my down range vision, plus I can see the red dot very clear.
If you have a problem seen your rear sight, maybe this is for you too. It was suggested by the eye doctor....

·
Registered
240 Posts
I like that pistol. (y)

I'm a bit nearsighted and my glasses will fuzz the front sight, front sight clear without glasses.
Red dot is the opposite, without glasses it has a "ear" or smear on the dot; however, if I'm wearing glasses the dot is clear.
I'm still able to make either work with or without glasses.
Wearing glasses advantage to the dot and being able to see faces & signs above isles in store clearly.
Glasses also afford some eye protection.

After about 400 rounds shooting with the dot my speed with it has improved, still not equal to fixed sights speed inside 10 yards, but close enough for me to feel comfortable carrying it.
I like being able to focus on the target with the dot, seems advantageous.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've also had an astigmatism for a long time. My eotech on the brighter settings gives me a halo edge to the 65moa circle while the 3 moa dot in center looks like the sun, no distinct circle. No matter, halo up close, sun further out, still combat accurate to 100M whether they're fuzzy or not for me.

Maybe I've just learned to live with it on my various dots over the years. Seems the brighter the setting, the more halo affect, but it's still defined enough to do what it's supposed to for me.
When I picked it up today; I was seeing just a “dot.”
Some days my eyes work better, some worse.
I’ll shoot it at IDPA practice tomorrow and see how it goes.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I put on a pair of reading glasses when I shoot with a red dot, very weak ones +1.00 and it makes a tremendous difference.
The glasses being only +1.00 do not distort my down range vision, plus I can see the red dot very clear.
If you have a problem seen your rear sight, maybe this is for you too. It was suggested by the eye doctor....
I have no trouble seeing the sights, as long as I wear my glasses. I don't use the sights that often, anyway; though I will be using the dot on this pistol.

·
Super Moderator
31,675 Posts
I like that pistol. (y)

I'm a bit nearsighted and my glasses will fuzz the front sight, front sight clear without glasses.
Red dot is the opposite, without glasses it has a "ear" or smear on the dot; however, if I'm wearing glasses the dot is clear.
I'm still able to make either work with or without glasses.
Wearing glasses advantage to the dot and being able to see faces & signs above isles in store clearly.
Glasses also afford some eye protection.

After about 400 rounds shooting with the dot my speed with it has improved, still not equal to fixed sights speed inside 10 yards, but close enough for me to feel comfortable carrying it.
I like being able to focus on the target with the dot, seems advantageous.
I have no trouble focusing on the target, no dots with or without sights. Some here know what I mean. 🤠

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have no trouble focusing on the target, no dots with or without sights. Some here know what I mean. 🤠
Without my glasses I might have trouble focusing on the target, depending on size and distance.
Without glasses, a two inch circle at 15 yards is like, which one do I aim for:unsure::LOL:😟 ...🤓

·
Registered
8,321 Posts
I have no trouble focusing on the target, no dots with or without sights. Some here know what I mean.
This is true…..^ he can’t hit the target either way, Racer has to do it for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Just for sheets and giggles, I threw a Leopold dot on my S+W victory to see how I'd fare in the monthly 22 pistol match on steel targets.

I'd been taking 2-3rd place in iron sight division for several matches. First time out with dot, ended up 13 or 14th place. Second time out, same position.

Back to Quick Kill pistol with irons back on the pistol, back to 2-3rd place. What I found was this----------------

It took me the same time to acquire the dot to make the first shot that it takes to drop two plates and be moving on the 3rd plate using QK pistol not looking at the pistol at all. Now, I would use the sights when the plates were a tree of them in 3" discs at 12 yrds. Those called for a little more precision so use of the sights was called for.

I'm very unlikely to be shooting two handed in a SD scenario at eye level, that's not the way I've trained and shot for decades. I can shoot two BG" in just over 1 second from 6-10 feet, it takes me longer than that to find the dot.

I will say I noticed that once I had the dot acquired, I seemed to run the plate just a little faster, but the time it takes to acquire it will likely get me killed on the streets.

No thanks.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Just for sheets and giggles, I threw a Leopold dot on my S+W victory to see how I'd fare in the monthly 22 pistol match on steel targets.

I'd been taking 2-3rd place in iron sight division for several matches. First time out with dot, ended up 13 or 14th place. Second time out, same position.

Back to Quick Kill pistol with irons back on the pistol, back to 2-3rd place. What I found was this----------------

It took me the same time to acquire the dot to make the first shot that it takes to drop two plates and be moving on the 3rd plate using QK pistol not looking at the pistol at all. Now, I would use the sights when the plates were a tree of them in 3" discs at 12 yrds. Those called for a little more precision so use of the sights was called for.

I'm very unlikely to be shooting two handed in a SD scenario at eye level, that's not the way I've trained and shot for decades. I can shoot two BG" in just over 1 second from 6-10 feet, it takes me longer than that to find the dot.

I will say I noticed that once I had the dot acquired, I seemed to run the plate just a little faster, but the time it takes to acquire it will likely get me killed on the streets.

No thanks.
I have no doubt of that!
That’s why my one “dot pistol” will live out it’s life with me as a range toy only.

The P 365 X functioned flawlessly today at IDPA practice. The last round in those 12 round mags goes in pretty hard, with little to no wiggle room left for seating the mag. That said; the mags locked in without issue, and functioned reliably, even when the pistol was loaded 12 +1.

I’d practiced drawing and pointing the gun enough yesterday that acquiring the dot at the range today was no problem, and the unit seems pretty much dead-on as it came set up from Sig. 👍

1 - 20 of 27 Posts