Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would those of you who have both compare these . Ease of shooting , holding/manueverability, accuracy are my criteria. Thanks in advance. John

·
Registered
6,690 Posts
Would those of you who have both compare these . Ease of shooting , holding/manueverability, accuracy are my criteria. Thanks in advance. John
Give me a couple of weeks and I'll get back to you. I'll be taking delivery on the P365 in mid February. I already have the P320 SC as my EDC and with 15 rnd mags.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
If memory serves, I think Shark has both, too but looking forward to your impressions, FfNJGTFO. There are also several threads here on FCC circa 2018 that might prove informative to search up and read through. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Well, he is correct. I have the P365 and the P365 XL along with the P320. I put the subcompact grip module on the 320 and tried it but did not like it. It just didn’t seem to give me enough purchase on the grip to control the weapon properly. I wound up putting the Wilson combat carry grip module on the pistol and could not be more pleased. One of our members characterized the Sig P320 grip as a “potato” and I think that’s pretty accurate. On the subcompact it’s a short potato.

As far as shootability, I would rate the P365 XL at the top. I would rate the P365 next and the P320 subcompact last. The grip on the 320 subcompact just didn’t work for me. For me, I found that the subcompact did not have as repeatable a grip. In other words, I felt as if I were milking the grip a little bit to get to my preferred hold after practicing from a draw. The XL and the P365 were both very consistent.

Now if you include the standard Carry P320, I think that pistol, particularly with the Wilson combat grip module rules them all. I believe all the models are plenty accurate for defensive purposes. I hope I answered your questions and if you would like any more information, please let me know.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, he is correct. I have the P365 and the P365 XL along with the P320. I put the subcompact grip module on the 320 and tried it but did not like it. It just didn’t seem to give me enough purchase on the grip to control the weapon properly. I wound up putting the Wilson combat carry grip module on the pistol and could not be more pleased. One of our members characterized the Sig P320 grip as a “potato” and I think that’s pretty accurate. On the subcompact it’s a short potato.

As far as shootability, I would rate the P365 XL at the top. I would rate the P365 next and the P320 subcompact last. The grip on the 320 subcompact just didn’t work for me. For me, I found that the subcompact did not have as repeatable a grip. In other words, I felt as if I were milking the grip a little bit to get to my preferred hold after practicing from a draw. The XL and the P365 were both very consistent.

Now if you include the standard Carry P320, I think that pistol, particularly with the Wilson combat grip module rules them all. I believe all the models are plenty accurate for defensive purposes. I hope I answered your questions and if you would like any more information, please let me know.
Yes you did. Thanks. Love the Wilson Carry grip..

·
Registered
882 Posts
I had the P320C with the SC grip module and didn't care for the SC module. The compact was excellent as it was and the SC offered lower capacity (std mag) and was no more concealable than the compact. I also have a 365 and an XL, which I like better than the P320C. The 365 and XL are better for concealed carry IMO, can use the 15 round mags, and at 25 yds or less I don't see a big difference in accuracy among the three. All are easy to shoot/operate. To me the big difference is in grip diameter; if one has big hands, I suspect the P320 might be more favored.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts