Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Never owned a Sig...or even looked at one, but yesterday went to pick up my gun from the LGS after some work on it, and just for the heck of it asked it they had a Sig 365. They did, so I took a look at it. I only have one striker fired handgun, a Kahr CM9 that is one of my favorite guns. The Sig is smaller in my hand and has a 10 rd mag..very nice from the brief handling I had with it. Anyone own one and what are the PROs and CONs to it?

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
Mike, do a search on here as there are a couple of threads discussing the pros and cons and by the folks that own them. The general consensus is they had issues out of the gate with them but many reports say those issue have been fixed. Prices have come down to 499 now which is what I figured they end up at once all the hype and back log of sales caught up to demand.

One day I will buy one when they are totally shaken out and I might carry it after putting 4-5 thousand rounds through it. Until then I will continue to carry my slightly larger G26 or if smaller needed the CM9.

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.c...ficiencies-of-the-SIG-P365&highlight=Sig+p365

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.c...-P-365-notification-thread&highlight=Sig+p365

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?108834-New-Sig-micro-9&highlight=Sig+p365

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mike, do a search on here as there are a couple of threads discussing the pros and cons and by the folks that own them. The general consensus is they had issues out of the gate with them but many reports say those issue have been fixed. Prices have come down to 499 now which is what I figured they end up at once all the hype and back log of sales caught up to demand.

One day I will buy one when they are totally shaken out and I might carry it after putting 4-5 thousand rounds through it. Until then I will continue to carry my slightly larger G26 or if smaller needed the CM9.

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.c...ficiencies-of-the-SIG-P365&highlight=Sig+p365

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.c...-P-365-notification-thread&highlight=Sig+p365

https://www.floridaconcealedcarry.com/Forum/showthread.php?108834-New-Sig-micro-9&highlight=Sig+p365
My CM9 has been my EDC. Just something about a Kahr. Their Triggers are great for a DA only , but the gun just seems to be custom build for my hand. I just went to YouTube and watched the reviews on the Sig...most agree...issues have been pretty much solved. I guess the Sig is not really worth $500 for me to spend, having basically two small carry guns (also have a Springfield XDe)I am satisfied with already. Still like you said...once the price comes down .... maybe it will be one of the herd.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I have one. So far no issues with around 2000 rounds through it. It is now my choice for carry weapon.

I also have the Kahr PM9 but find the slide on the P365 is easier to rack and I find that I am more accurate with the Sig than the Kahr. Will probably put the Kahr up for sale or use it as a trade-in towards something else.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Bought one recently after renting one, comparing to my 'normal' pocket carry, a PF9. Both guns are basically the same size, the PF9 grip is .100" thinner and the PF9 is slightly longer, barrel to end of grip. 7 round mag for the PF9, 10 for the P365. The P365 shoots quite a bit softer and less muzzle flip, not sure how Sig did that. Yeah, there have been some reliability issues for the P365 in the beginning, (the PF9 had it's share also, so did a couple of Glocks). The P365 is nearly 2X the cost of the PF9, does come with front and rear night sights, (these ain't cheap). I shot the rental P365 more accurately than the PF9 which I've owned for nearly 5 years. One range trip, about 150 rounds through the P365, mixed 115gr fmj, 147gr XTP reloads, Speer Short Barrel, 124gr LRN reloads, all fed and fired perfectly. Fits my pockets just like the PF9 which was the main reason I bought that gun. It's a winner so far for me!

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
A P365 in a Vedder holster with the claw is a great combination to carry appendix and just cover with a T-Shirt.
The P365 I have has been perfect with no problems at all. I also bought a 12 round magazine for it to give me 13 rounds at my disposal.
Ronnie

·
Registered
864 Posts
As noted already, there are a number of thread on the P365. I've had mine since July and have nothing negative to say about it. As you will read, the positives include the size/capacity, trigger, sights, accuracy, and (for many of us) the general ergonomics. I've had a number of other small carry guns and this is by far my favorite.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Never owned a Sig...or even looked at one, but yesterday went to pick up my gun from the LGS after some work on it, and just for the heck of it asked it they had a Sig 365. They did, so I took a look at it. I only have one striker fired handgun, a Kahr CM9 that is one of my favorite guns. The Sig is smaller in my hand and has a 10 rd mag..very nice from the brief handling I had with it. Anyone own one and what are the PROs and CONs to it?
My edc has been, for some time now, a Kahr CM-9. I really like the Kahr, think it is an excellent small pistol, and I shoot it pretty well. That said, I think my new SIG P365 is a superior weapon. Here are my, admittedly, subjective impressions. When I point the SIG at a target, the sights are usually right on, with the Kahr there always seems to be a small adjustment required. I like the Kahr trigger, but the SIG has a better trigger, less take-up and overall lighter. The felt recoil and muzzle flip of the SIG are less than the Kahr’s. The Kahr is an older generation pistol, and its age is starting to show. There is nothing wrong with the Kahr, as I said, I think it is an excellent pistol, but I have to say I like the SIG better. The only remaining question for me is the reliability of the SIG. As soon as I resolve that to my satisfaction, the SIG will be replacing the Kahr as my edc weapon.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a couple of things I did to my CM9 that helped a lot. Fiber optic front sight made a world of difference not only for sight acquisition but for overall accuracy. Also adding the Hogue beaver SAM_1469.jpg tail grip sleeve helps to get a firmer grip and seems to buffer the recoil.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
FYI, I was in Bass Pro Shop in Orlando on I-Drive yesterday and althought they didn’t have a huge assortment of pistols they did have a P365 priced at $529.00 which I thought wasn’t too bad considering the times and scarcity of small carry guns now.

It’s still on my list to buy but I’m not in any hurry. Perhaps when things calm down and prices go back to around $499.00

Gotta admit that is a small gun for 10 rounds.

·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts
Yes sir it is! 🤠

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
I alternate carrying a G17, G19, G26 and Kahr CM9 depending on attire of the day.

That 365 seems to be right in-between the G26 and CM9 to me. But 10 rounds for that tiny of a gun is hard to beat.

It’s definitely on the list. I’m conteplating buying a second one shorty after the first one assuming I don’t have some kind of allergic reaction to the first one. 😜 I often double up on my Glocks to keep commonality of magazines between them. I’ve also thought about buying another CM9.

Might just have to get them all!

·
Super Moderator
27,513 Posts
^^^^
I have 3 P229s for similar reasons, including something like 12 mags. 🤠

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
Mike:

Let me offer you some thoughts. I have a P365 and the 365 XL as well as a PM9 and a CM9. My wife carries a CM9 in a sneaky Pete holster. As far as carry ability, they’re all about the same. As far as shoot-ability I believe the P365 XL shoots like a much larger pistol and shoots better for me than the P365. The PM9 shoots a little better than the CM9. The P365 XL is optics ready and a little bit longer slide is not a detriment to carrying and a big help in shooting.

·
Registered
5,077 Posts
+1 on the CM9 and Sneaky Pete holster for deep concealment. That combo in in the rotation as needed. (y)

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
Mike:

Let me offer you some thoughts. I have a P365 and the 365 XL as well as a PM9 and a CM9. My wife carries a CM9 in a sneaky Pete holster. As far as carry ability, they’re all about the same. As far as shoot-ability I believe the P365 XL shoots like a much larger pistol and shoots better for me than the P365. The PM9 shoots a little better than the CM9. The P365 XL is optics ready and a little bit longer slide is not a detriment to carrying and a big help in shooting.
I see your 365 XL and I raise you my G43X.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
786 Posts
I go with the P365 opposite of the Hellcat. I love it! With the slightly extended mag, I have 14 rounds of 9mm in there. It's amazing that they can put that much in there. I own a Shield 9mm and others that hold 6,7,8,9 etc...

The Hellcat is great! Expensive!!!!! But great!

IMG_20200718_141607494~2.jpg

·
Registered
3,639 Posts
I’m probably going to get a new charger hellcat soon and I will probably have to buy the pistol as a mandatory accessory.

·
Registered
6,286 Posts
And I’ll raise you my G 48 with the green laser. You caused me to buy it anyway.
Well crap, forgot about that.

I’m probably going to get a new charger hellcat soon and I will probably have to buy the pistol as a mandatory accessory.
Hmmmm. The Demon will do 0-60 in 2.3 seconds, whereas the Hellcat runs it in 3.8 seconds. Too bad they don’t make a carry pistol called the Demon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts