Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have one and carry one for EDC?

I’ve always loved Sig guns and have a 229R in .40. I think it is a beautiful looking gun and always wanted to get the .357 sig barrel for when I dress up and play Secret Service Agent on Halloween. 🤣

Seriously, I think all the Sigs have a great look to them. I always wanted the 220 and the 226 Navy version not to mention the 229, which I got, a 365 and the 228. (there’s always Christmas).

I alway thought the 228 was a nice looking compact weapon and would make a good EDC. Oddly enough I’m a Glock fan and prefer the trigger and lighter weight polymer frame. I did add a STR to my 229. Wow, did that make a huge difference.

Anyone have a 228 and carry it? Opinions?

·
Super Moderator
27,083 Posts
I too love SIG SAUER pistols and have a P229R and two P229 SAS Gen IIs, all in 9mm. One in particular shares EDC duties with my SA 1911. Anyway, I haven't searched for and don't have a P228, but perhaps would attempt to acquire one made in Germany, if one came available for decent price. They're great carry pistols! (y) (y)

Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
10,997 Posts
My wife's primary carry gun is a Sig P228. When I agreed to purchase her first pistol for her, she insisted on doing her own research and deciding what she wanted for herself. Since she was somewhat of a novice, I had attempted to steer her towards a K-frame revolver, but she was having none of it. When she finally told me that she wanted a P228, I was hard put to fault her on her choice.

·
Registered
54,487 Posts
I've owned a few of them, carried one on duty for a short time. The German made earlier guns would be my only choice in a 228, all of mine were and ran flawless. My last 228 I had something like 35K through it without one bobble.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts