466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
113 Posts

·
Registered
20,638 Posts
damn!...i protect mine when it's concealed...if youre gonna carry, you should have a plan...

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
I wonder how many cops are shot with their own guns yearly.

I believe Brownie or Bttbbob teach retention skills

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Was that a striker fired polymer pistol with a 30 round magazine??

Was it even in a holster?

I watched 5 times and could not tell for sure.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My favorite part of the story:
"Police say when they initially put the notice for information out they already had the suspect in custody but didn't realize it because he was being held in connection with another crime."

I had another thought that the "victim's" (and I use that term purely for sympathy, or I would say "idiot") gun should have been completely empty, just begging to be lifted. Then, when it happens, pull out the backup gun and shoot the perp.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
Can't tell if it was being carried in a holster but it did not have a 30 round magazine in it when the guy in the red hoodie snatched it. Based on the get away car not having any tags and the appearance of a pistol with a 30 round magazine later in the video, I'm wondering if the firearm being pointed at the theft victim is the same gun, or is more likely the thief's gun with a large mag? Instead I'm starting to believe they had been watching and then targeted the open carrier in an armed robbery with their own gun. :unsure:

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
Didn't the cops do this to a guy in Tampa a couple of years back?
Yes, at a Florida Carry "Open Carry" fishing event on the West Coast of Florida (Tampa area?). Florida Carry sued, which I believe they won. :unsure:

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Broken window policing.

I just wonder if there were enough cops on the street to stop the guy for not having a tag, if they would have interrupted the chain of events that lead up to the thief of the firearm and aggravated assault.

And your right, the gun with the 30 round mag was probably the perps. I don't know why I had not considered that.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
FLAME SUIT IS ON AND ZIPPED UP TIGHT,
Even in the states where it is 100% legal, and you can do it.
I think open carry is 100% stupid and I just can not understand the reasoning why a person would want the world to see they have a gun.
It is soooooo easy to keep the gun concealed and if needed, The person you need to shoot would be surprised and dead instead of shooting the open carry person as soon as he seen a gun.
Cover the gun up and practice how to draw it when needed and it may save your life.
Even if you carry a big gun like a 1911 you can still cover it. If it does print, Nobody would probably even notice unless they were looking for it.
Out of sight is out of mind
I know it is legal and your right but giving a little thought to how keeping your gun private is a way better option then having it on display.
Ronnie

Reactions: Chup

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
FLAME SUIT IS ON AND ZIPPED UP TIGHT,
Even in the states where it is 100% legal, and you can do it.
I think open carry is 100% stupid and I just can not understand the reasoning why a person would want the world to see they have a gun.
It is soooooo easy to keep the gun concealed and if needed, The person you need to shoot would be surprised and dead instead of shooting the open carry person as soon as he seen a gun.
Cover the gun up and practice how to draw it when needed and it may save your life.
Even if you carry a big gun like a 1911 you can still cover it. If it does print, Nobody would probably even notice unless they were looking for it.
Out of sight is out of mind
I know it is legal and your right but giving a little thought to how keeping your gun private is a way better option then having it on display.
Ronnie
For Sure Mr. Ronnie ! Why Advertise as That's Just Asking For trouble !

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Hopefully the guys who stole the gun registered it and filled out a 4473 and took a safety class and submitted their $800 insurance fee.

AD (sarcasm font)

PS I'm one of those OC guys but at least nobody comes near me at a gas station. Be aware of your surroundings.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would not want to advertise that I’m carrying. Open carriers say it deters crime but, I think with so many crazy people running around it may just temp them to take it to see if they can. I’ll keep mine hidden.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts