Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post pics of your revolvers! Even the ones that were lost in last years boating accident.

Here is mine. Smith 686-1 .357 Mag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
I really like revolvers. Both double action (on the left) and single action (on the right). I've recently sold off a few to fund military handgun acquisitions but I did just add the S&W Model 14 Target Masterpiece with the 8 3/8" barrel. (The long barrel, single action, on the top of the group photo is a Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Magnum with a Bisley grip frame.)

IMG_7296.jpg IMG_8242.jpg IMG_0297.jpg

·
Super Moderator
5,980 Posts

On top is the Ruger Blackhawk 357. That gun has a 9mm cylinder.

The lower gun is the S&W 28-2. I love this gun. May get a holster for that one.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice! Keep the pics coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
racer88 what is the little one?
The black one?

Chiappa Rhino. Chambered in .357-Mag. Very interesting revolver. The round at the BOTTOM of the cylinder is the one fired / lined up with the barrel. This results in far less felt recoil / muzzle flip.

Shooting .38-SPL through it is quite easy. But, even .357-mags aren't bad at all. My S&W 642 Airweight has a much harsher recoil.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
A comparison of the barrel axis (red) and "moment arm" (green) of both:

I'll have to bring them to the next FCC range get-together and let folks compare them.

·
Registered
33 Posts
. . . . . . . Chiappa Rhino. Chambered in .357-Mag. Very interesting revolver. The round at the BOTTOM of the cylinder is the one fired / lined up with the barrel. This results in far less felt recoil / muzzle flip. Shooting .38-SPL through it is quite easy. But, even .357-mags aren't bad at all. My S&W 642 Airweight has a much harsher recoil.
Now that I like! Very neat revolver and one of which I was not aware. Thanks for posting and explaining.

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
Not my actual guns, because I don't have any pictures of them on this computer right now, but images I found that look exactly like my guns...

S&W Model 65

S&W .22 Kit Gun

Cimarron Arms SAA, .44 Spcl, faux ivory grips

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Now that I like! Very neat revolver and one of which I was not aware. Thanks for posting and explaining.
Based on another model by Emilio Ghisoni called the Mateba Model 6 circa 1997.

^^^ Longer version of the Rhino. It comes in various barrel lengths. Mine is obviously the snubby.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Yeah... the trigger "clockwork" is notorious on the Rhino. The result is a trigger pull that is not the greatest (in double action). The "hammer" isn't really a hammer, but rather a cocking lever for single action firing. The cocking lever is notched and also doubles as the rear sight. When firing in either double or single action, the cocking lever does not move. The only time the cocking lever (faux hammer) moves is if the shooter uses it to cock for single-action. The single-action trigger is quite good.

·
Registered
33 Posts
. . . . The "hammer" isn't really a hammer, but rather a cocking lever for single action firing. The cocking lever is notched and also doubles as the rear sight.
Wow, I missed seeing the exposed "hammer" spur. A double / single action makes it even cooler.

I REALLY like that revolver. I am not familiar with Emilio Ghisoni or his creations but he is absolutely the Rudolf Frommer of the 20th and 21st century.

·
Registered
10,523 Posts
Wow, I missed seeing the exposed "hammer" spur. A double / single action makes it even cooler.

I REALLY like that revolver. I am not familiar with Emilio Ghisoni or his creations but he is absolutely the Rudolf Frommer of the 20th and 21st century.
Ha! I'm not familiar with Rudolf Frommer, but one might also argue that the Rhino (the trigger clockwork, in particular) is akin to a Rube Goldberg design! :grin

Give your collection of traditional revolvers, I'm surprised you like the Rhino design. People either love it or hate it. And, a lot of people hate it, calling it "fugly." LOL!

I think it's attractive in the same way a bulldog is "cute." :)

·
Super Moderator
26,096 Posts
A comparison of the barrel axis (red) and "moment arm" (green) of both:

I'll have to bring them to the next FCC range get-together and let folks compare them.
Which is in the works and I'll post a thread soon! :grin

1 - 20 of 50 Posts