Florida Concealed Carry banner
81 - 90 of 90 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
These discussions about the best HD firearm go round and round. I think most of us would agree that any weapon is better than not having one. There are pros and cons to each of them. As someone else noted, I have a handgun within reach that I would use if necessary to get to my shotgun, which is a few feet away. I have a Beretta 1301 Tactical loaded with Federal Flight Control 00 buckshot. At ranges out to 10-15 yards, the pattern looks like a slug, so maybe the size of a half dollar. I have the 9 pellet version, but I've heard that the 8 pellet pattern is even tighter. Unfortunately, both are tough to find these days in a world of relatively scarce ammo.
Excellent posting my Friend and very true as well ! 'G' Thank You (y) (y) 馃嚭馃嚫馃嚭馃嚥

Registered
I think it depends totally on your home situation. While I have a nightstand pistol, my shotgun is kept close to the Lanai slider so I can (initially) fire two rounds in the air over our lake to scare off potential assault teams approaching by Zodiac per our President鈥榮 advice. :sick::ROFLMAO:

I have my AR loaded and ready in my unlocked safe if I expect multiple invaders.
He said off of your balcony...not over the lake (which will pollute the water). If you don't have a balcony, you need to build one...using recycled material and non powered hand tools only. "if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony here, walk out and put that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,'"

He also said to blindly fire a shotgun through your front door....which may surprise that girl scout troop selling cookies door to door.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Say it ain't so!
LOL - When In Augusta V.A. , My Doc' Said: 'I really Had a Gun Fetish' . All I told the group , was I even took mine into the shower / head area with me :unsure:
P.S. - He did not know where else I had some 'stashed' ;):cool:(y)(y) 'G'

Registered
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Shockwave in the truck, Rem 870 with 18 inch barrel and extended mag tube in the house, and a double barrel coach gun in case I feel real fussy. And a 1911 .45 by my bed
I'm trying to find a Coach Gun , as I miss my old bolt action long 'Marlin Goose gun' that i cut down to 18" . Yes a Different Shotgun , But Very Kool when all shortened up ! AKA My Hand Canon ;) :cool:(y)(y) 'G'

Registered
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
I really like the old rabbit ear type double barrel 12ga guns .
[/QUOTE :
*Added See Post # 90 !
The exposed Hammers ? Yes They are really Neat ! I have one from England a black powder double .. One side works , the percussion on the right barrel not as yet

Both need a good cleaning in the tubes .. Quite a high end maker , just neglected in the functioning . The furniture is real nice also .. (y) (y) (y)(y)'G'

• Wow
Reactions: Rick McC.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #90 · (Edited)
The exposed Hammers ? Yes They are really Neat ! I have one from England a black powder double .. One side works , the percussion on the right barrel not as yet

Both need a good cleaning in the tubes .. Quite a high end maker , just neglected in the functioning . The furniture is nice also .. (y) (y) (y)(y)'G'
* Added From Above Post # 87
Googled it - Vintage mid - late 1800's / England !

YEP ! Mr. Rick / - ' I Hollis & Son ' Maker .. I Picked it up on spec' from an Antique Shop going out of business . All decent Walnut , with some engraved scrimshaw both sides . This A Very Interesting Piece .

Double barrel 12G / Good Lock up . Double triggers , left barrel actuation still works . Right side is locked up. .A strip of metal under the trigger guard , that goes half way back under the butt stock .

Under there also a Circular Brass Imbedded piece . The double barrels are joined along the top with a heavy piece of semi curved steel . The individual front sights look flat and possibly white paint ? ..;)'G'

• Wow
Reactions: Rick McC.
81 - 90 of 90 Posts