Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Swear I saw a thread a bit ago, but since I couldn't find it, am starting another. Turns out I'm going to the SHOT show thanks to a friend in TN. I'll be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday as well. Will anyone else be going? Might be fun to say hello in person.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Turns out I'm going to the SHOT show thanks to a friend in TN. I'll be there on Saturday and maybe Sunday as well.
Bring back some good pics. Ah hell just write a report while your at it. :laughing. Good luck and enjoy it.

·
Super Moderator
19,792 Posts
Have fun, guy.

Sneak some pics of the new Glock Carbine, would ya? :D:rolf

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll report a bit tomorrow (too tired now), but all I can say is that I've spent from 9-5:30 walking miles and still haven't seen half the show. Pistol highlights: I fell in love with a Ted Yost customized Browning Hi-Power, there are two .380 new pocket guns that look pretty good from Sig and Taurus (I'm already signed up for the Sig), there's a really interesting pistol in 7mm coming out in a few months in a collaborative effort between STI and an Italian guy (Q&S), I like the S&W Nightguard revolvers, especially the 310 in 10mm, AND because folks think I'm representing a rather sizable dealer from TN, I've been getting good swag. :drinks

I'm going back tomorrow...oh...and I picked up my les baer from my friend. All in all, a very good day.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I hope you sneek some pics on your camera phone :D. That's a lot of walking but I guess I would walk that much too just to look at candy......um I mean guns.

·
Registered
480 Posts
I posted this in the Ruger LCR thread regarding the SHOT Show:

Lots to drool over. :)

The Kahr P380 was just amazing. I thought my PM9 was small but it looked bloated in a side-by-side comparison with the P380.

Mossberg is releasing several new 590A1 models for non-restricted distribution. :dancingbanana

The Arsenal SGL20 is a 7.62x39 Russian Izhmash Saiga with all the conversion work already done so it's 922(r) compliant. US made furniture, NATO or Warsaw length in black, plum or OD green. :thumsup

YHM has a new 5000 series flip-up sight set for Picatinny rail mounting. Super low profile(0.435") and spring loaded for quick deployment.

Glock had the G22 RTF (Rough Texture Frame) on display. Didn't do anything for me but some might like it. Still no Glock carbine though. :laughing

Magpul had the Massoud (7.62x51) on display along with the Magpul/Bushmaster ACR. Definitely two thumbs up.

CMMG .22 conversion kits looked good. Pair that with some Black Dog Machine magazines and you can actually afford to shoot that AR.

Sig also had the P238 compact .380. Not my style either but a bunch of people were swooning over it. For people who've wanted a Colt Mustang, this is a very close resemblance. Looks like some serious competition is going on in the .380 market.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Only one pic, and it's of my new baby:

I really fell in love with it on the first day, went back and chatted with Ted Yost today for awhile, and now it's mine. It's a really special gun. Ted says he only does one Hi-power a year, and that one is for the SHOT show. If anyone here is a fan of the Browning, read the card to see the diff: the trigger reset is amazing, as is the thumb safety, plus the front checkering, plus gorgeous gold front sight, the beaver tail, etc...everything. Other than that, I picked up some baer mags for cheap (pulled them out of the display case), got some nice custom grips for the baer, some display ESS glasses, and a belly band for near pennies. It was a very good day.

The second day at this show was as fun as the first and a bit more tiring since it was a day of looking around at the big guns, some as large as I am, and carrying around 12 .22 conversion kits and 12 mags for AR15s in an oversized purse. For the most part, I had no idea what I was looking at, but learned a lot while listening to the guys I was with, and who were actually purchasing these things. Also played around with some gorgeous knives, and should have bought one or two at dealer cost, but I'm actually afraid of knives a bit, since I don't know how to use one. Maybe next year.

I already have an order in for the little Sig .380. I liked the way new Taurus .380 fit my hand better, but the trigger pull was too long and weird (can't quite describe)

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
That is a NICE looking Hi-power. The first single action pistol I ever fired was a Hi-power. Except for the hammer-bite, I loved it.

From the pictures I've seen of the Taurus .380, the trigger looks to be at a weird angle. The location of the pivot for it doesn't seem too bad, but it sits way to far forward from the photos.

-JT

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks. The cell phone pic doesn't really do it justice, but there are some good detail pics of a Yost hi-power and of his 1911 work out there if you google his name.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts