Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
Probably 90% of anybody breaking in won’t know that sound anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
870 pump, 18in smooth bore, 00buck, no light and a knoxx stock. No light as I have night lights throughout the house.

·
Registered
55,193 Posts
If I can confront, I will, but at gun point. It's 4-5#'s and .18 seconds away from getting ugly. I'm not inclined to just open up on an unknown in the home IF I have odds in my favor with the muzzle already painting the potential threat.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
My solution, as I approach the age of wisdom, is a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge. Loaded with common #3 buckshot, gathered over the years from Walmart sales. I'm still leery of lights on guns, but the arguments have gone either way. I have a red dot sight on my shotgun.
Geoff
Who refers to it as "My miniature riot gun, for small riots. For large riots the 40 round magazine in the SWaMPy 15 Mark 1.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
My solution, as I approach the age of wisdom, is a Mossberg 500 in 20 gauge. Loaded with common #3 buckshot, gathered over the years from Walmart sales. I'm still leery of lights on guns, but the arguments have gone either way. I have a red dot sight on my shotgun.
Geoff
Who refers to it as "My miniature riot gun, for small riots. For large riots the 40 round magazine in the SWaMPy 15 Mark 1.
Red dot on the Mossberg?
I started with that (stupidly thinking that I had purchased the green-dot laser at a fantastic price!).
Now my brother has the red dot on one of his firearms.

Mine is the TruGlo green laser with the very low profile and uses those 3 tiny watch batteries that you have to plan to have spares available as nobody carries them in the local stores.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Mossy 500 with the extended tube and short smooth bore. 1st. Two rounds are #5 Turkey loads, next 5 or 6 ( can’t remember what total capacity is ) are 000 buck, nine pellet. Rem. 870, full length ribbed barrel with the remchoke system & a modified choke in place. Full of 000 buck, nine pellet & 5, 3” 1oz. High speed Slugs on the butt stock ammo holder. I leave a snap cap in the breach with the hammer dropped, don’t wanna leave em cocked indefinitely, so I would have to rack a round to start the show. I’m good with that, cause, by the time I grab em outta the safe, there’s been several other weapons fired by then & they will have already figured out they have phuck Ed up majorly! The other 3 or 4 shotties are empty.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
The minimum barrel length requirement and the indoor rifle comments lead me to this question.
How much does a sawed off load open up in 8' and 15' range?
I think sawed offs are illegal for concealment reasons but I'm still interested in knowing.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

·
Registered
8,734 Posts
Mossy 500 with the extended tube and short smooth bore. 1st. Two rounds are #5 Turkey loads, next 5 or 6 ( can’t remember what total capacity is ) are 000 buck, nine pellet. Rem. 870, full length ribbed barrel with the remchoke system & a modified choke in place. Full of 000 buck, nine pellet & 5, 3” 1oz. High speed Slugs on the butt stock ammo holder. I leave a snap cap in the breach with the hammer dropped, don’t wanna leave em cocked indefinitely, so I would have to rack a round to start the show. I’m good with that, cause, by the time I grab em outta the safe, there’s been several other weapons fired by then & they will have already figured out they have phuck Ed up majorly! The other 3 or 4 shotties are empty.
Leaving one cocked “forever” won’t hurt it, as springs are weakened (over a looong time period) by cycling them. Leaving a spring either under a load or no load won’t weaken it noticeably.

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Leaving one cocked “forever” won’t hurt it, as springs are weakened (over a looong time period) by cycling them. Leaving a spring either under a load or no load won’t weaken it noticeably.
True, got into that during the Remington “ don’t bump it & take the SAFTEY off! “ days! Also, they are about 4 or so HD weapons deep in the safe. The weapons ahead of the shotties only require spackle to patch any errant rounds or pass through’s. The shotties require; 1/2 a sheet of drywall, tape, texture, & paint, at a minimum! Possibly romex, pvc, & studs, depending what’s in the wall you just destroyed 😆 Being in construction the last 3/4 of my life, I am always thinking what’s in front of the muzzle, when in the house, be it this room or three rooms away. Hate to take out my Fridge full of cold brews, from the m/bd, through the bathroom, & across the hallway!

·
Registered
5,746 Posts
That reminds me of an IA case. A Sgt had a ND and blew a 12 gauge hole thru his side of the duplex and the bathroom of the other side.

When the neighbors got home he had broken into their place and was in their bathroom doing drywall repairs.

He took a little unplanned vacation

·
Registered
3 Posts
Not to interrupt a shotgun storage thread.

Been made pretty clear nothing beats practice.
Brownie with a kubaton or open hand will out wit any run of the mill assailant and more.

For a home defense shotgun, short barrel, stock no stock, mounted flashlight, hand held light.
If mounted light how is it turned on and off?
Double barrel, tube mag, detachable mag?
For the in home hollywood effect. What's going to give the widest shot cone with sufficient hit?
And what ever else will help with in home shotgun defense.
I'm using Streamlight 69260 TLR-1HL flashlight, Easy to mount with any gear and easily turned on or off!

21 - 38 of 38 Posts