Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need clarification on this posted sign in Nordstrom at Merrick Park. I know signs have no legal status but I’ve never seen one that mentions Florida Statues 810 which is for trespassing. Reading the statues it basically say you’re guilty of a third degree felony during the commission ot the offense of trespass.

Attachments

·
Registered
422 Posts
Like you said, the sign means nothing. If they ask you to leave you leave. If you you don’t want to leave then you can be charged.
this is imho btw. I am not a lawyer.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
Need clarification on this posted sign in Nordstrom at Merrick Park. I know signs have no legal status but I’ve never seen one that mentions Florida Statues 810 which is for trespassing. Reading the statues it basically say you’re guilty of a third degree felony during the commission of the offense of trespass.
But you are NOT guilty of a third degree felony UNLESS there is an intent to commit an offense (other than trespass).
The conditions of Section (paragraph) 2 must be met before the language following it comes into play.

So - my interpretation (IANAL), is that the sign has no effect of law, but if you are asked to leave (really, for whatever reason, but especially so if because you are armed that they don't allow firearms on their propert), then the correct course of action is to leave without making a fuss. And I'll even go one further... if it's a store, NEVER shop there again. Armed or not. Screw 'em. They don't need (or apparently, want) my business.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
This maybe needs it's own thread, but it's related to this thread (I think?)

This past weekend, I was out doing some photography (translation: avoiding the "honey-do" list), and I happend to notice a "No Firearms" sign at what I believe is a public park.

The spot in question is called "Seacrest Scrub Natural Area".
Link: Environmental Resources Management - Seacrest-Scrub
Coordinates in Google Earth: 26.49617, -80.07101
It's in Palm Beach County near the intersection of S. Seacrest Blvd & Mission Hills Road.

Anyway, I see they have a sign posted prohibiting firearms.
Who do I call or write to inquire about the legal legitimacy of this "No Firearms" sign.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
That is not even the correct statute for trespass in a structure.

810.09 Trespass on property other than structure or conveyance.—

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
They can KMA! Sign has absolutely no teeth, but does make all the hoity toity moms feel all safe, warm and fuzzy inside "knowing" they won't have to worry about a crazy CCW holder or some deranged thug bringing a gun on the premises! The sign says so!!! SCROOOOM!

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
IANAL, IMHO the only park in Florida who's No Firearms policy has the force of law is Savannas Preserve State Park. The no firearms policy was part of the enacting legislation.

Other than Savannas I believe it would be appropriate to call their attention to F.S. 790.33. I am not up to date on the case law concerning "the penalties" but it might get there attention.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Need clarification on this posted sign in Nordstrom at Merrick Park. I know signs have no legal status but I’ve never seen one that mentions Florida Statues 810 which is for trespassing. Reading the statues it basically say you’re guilty of a third degree felony during the commission ot the offense of trespass.
That sign is to inform the criminals that there are no guns on that premise. That’s the way I read it anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
...Anyway, I see they have a sign posted prohibiting firearms.
Who do I call or write to inquire about the legal legitimacy of this "No Firearms" sign.
Perhaps you might point that one in the direction of Florida Carry? :unsure:

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
San Lorenzo Avenue goes through Merrick Park. I guess if you walk in the middle of the street you are good to go.

If they were serious about their GFZ they'd have blockades and controlled entrances.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Just don't tell ya got it and keep it concealed.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
^^^ The liberals sure think it works that way!
No they know it doesn't, but they would like us to believe they think so. In reality, they're just hoping we fall for their schiznit and comply. . . NOPE! SCROOM!!! 🤬

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
No they know it doesn't, but they would like us to believe they think so.
The leaders and the legislators? Sure. They know that it doesn't work that way.

I know some liberal "useful idiots," though, who really do believe that it works that way. I mean, if you showed them this video, they would laugh and admit that it takes more than just a "no guns" sign. But deep in their heart, on a subconscious level, they truly believe that gun-free zones make everyone safer.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
The leaders and the legislators? Sure. They know that it doesn't work that way.

I know some liberal "useful idiots," though, who really do believe that it works that way. I mean, if you showed them this video, they would laugh and admit that it takes more than just a "no guns" sign. But deep in their heart, on a subconscious level, they truly believe that gun-free zones make everyone safer.
Agreed. Ever try asking them why they aren't blaming the car used by a drunk driver for the people they kill and then watch their heads explode as they try to justify their bass-ackwards logic? :unsure:

Reactions: Marlinluvr

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Agreed. Ever try asking them why they aren't blaming the car used by a drunk driver for the people they kill and then watch their heads explode as they try to justify their bass-ackwards logic? :unsure:
Because they haven't been inundated/brain washed with THAT side of the story! Pencils don't write bad words, knives don't stab people, forks don't make you fat.......... BUT, guns kill people!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts