1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Scant on details so far, and the traffic in that part of town is just now getting sorted out (about 3PM). All the reporting so far has featured officials that basically repeat the same stuff over and over:

1. Shooter was a Saudi AF 2nd LT, here for flight training.
2. Escambia County Sheriff's Office personnel were called in and dispatched the shooter.
3. Two Deputies injured in the fight, one shot in the arm, the other in the knee. 2nd one underwent surgery.
4. At least two other persons were killed, no ID until families notified +24hrs. Last report was 4 additional persons injured.
5. Everything in the area went into lockdown, not that it mattered much. Only one road in and it had traffic gridlocked for miles until just recently.
6. Corry Station (another Navy base) appx. 3 miles north also went into lockdown.

No one who knows anything is saying anything to the media. I'm sure with a county agency and two federal agencies involved, we might as well wait months for the report.

One positive in the whole thing is that the local blood banks are nearing capacity since virtually all the flight students and a large number of the aviation field students lined up to donate blood to the Deputies and other victims.

Question I most want to know: WTF did Mr. Saudi AF student get a handgun?

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Making military bases to which foreign nationals have access into gun free zones is completely nonsensical. Our military folks should be able to defend themselves.

·
Registered
10,946 Posts
How is THAT a mystery??? Seriously. It's like pondering how ANY criminal acquires a gun. Yeah... we know the answer to that, eh?

Gosh... how do people get illegal drugs?? :confused:

Next, people will be demanding to waste time and resources to determine "WHY he did it." :smack

·
Registered
10,946 Posts
Why do they call him a "shooter" (on the news right now)? They don't call a murderer who uses a knife a "stabber" or "cutter."

He's a murderer... a mass murderer.

I'm a shooter. I'm even an "active shooter." I'll be actively shooting tomorrow and Sunday, and again next Saturday. My daughter is a shooter, too. A damned good one! :grin

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Easy, He bought it at a gun show because of the "LOOPHOLE":rofl
He is just one of those very crazy Muslim pieces of garbage that hates America but don't mind coming over to kill Infidels.
These enemies of America are all over this country and will all pop up about the same time someday in the future.
Ronnie

·
Super Moderator
26,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ronnie, the demographics of the murderer haven't been released other than he was a Saudi National, but it is a safe bet that as a Student Aviator from Saudi Arabia, all of whom are sanctioned by the Saudi Royal family, that he was a practicing Muslim. However, I'm not sure your comments are appropriate. Do you believe he a "piece of garbage" because he's "Muslim," because he's "crazy," or because he committed murder? :dunno

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
Hmm..perhaps a red flag law woulda stopped this..

·
Registered
921 Posts
Why do they call him a "shooter" (on the news right now)? They don't call a murderer who uses a knife a "stabber" or "cutter."

He's a murderer... a mass murderer.

I'm a shooter. I'm even an "active shooter." I'll be actively shooting tomorrow and Sunday, and again next Saturday. My daughter is a shooter, too. A damned good one! :grin
LOL! Yes you are, this is a website chock full of patriotic, American loving, law abiding active shooters!! Funny, we never make the news. We just pay taxes, employ people, produce for our families and ourselves, help the economy and help our fellow man. Guess we are the most unworthy active shooters ever.

·
Registered
10,946 Posts
LOL! Yes you are, this is a website chock full of patriotic, American loving, law abiding active shooters!! Funny, we never make the news. We just pay taxes, employ people, produce for our families and ourselves, help the economy and help our fellow man. Guess we are the most unworthy active shooters ever.
Darn... you make us sound and look good! :grin

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Beer Hunter.
Do you believe he a "piece of garbage" because he's "Muslim," because he's "crazy," or because he committed murder?
MAINLY BECAUSE HE IS A CRAZY MURDER WITH A GUN.
There are some Muslims that love America and do not live by the EVIL RADICAL CODE so I may have been wrong about that but we won't ever be told if he was a radical or not.
Any way you look at this guy, He "WAS" a piece of crappy garbage.
Ronnie

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Originally Posted by OHEng View Post
2. Escambia County Sheriff's Office personnel were called in and dispatched the shooter.
Because they are the ones charged with handling that sort of task on the local bases in this county. You don't expect the rent-a-cops checking ID cards at the gate to have a response team sitting around just in case do you?

How is THAT a mystery??? Seriously. It's like pondering how ANY criminal acquires a gun. Yeah... we know the answer to that, eh?
I want to know WHERE he got the gun from; i.e.- did he steal it himself, buy it off the street, what? I don't concern myself with everyday hoodlums who also shouldn't but do access guns, but this case is different because of who the shooter was. It's not like visiting Saudi AF officers are usual suspects in home burglaries, so option 1 seems unlikely but possible. Could be he bought it off the street and if that's the case, I want to know who the SOB is willing to sell a weapon to a foreign national who obviously has no business having one.

Why he did it? I could care less. It was a one-of and not something I expect to be of future concern.

·
Registered
3,637 Posts
Hmm..perhaps a red flag law woulda stopped this..
Red Flag laws require a demonstration of a behavior that merits that kind of action. Which of his prior behaviors would YOU suggest putting on the affidavit? :thumbsdwn

·
Registered
10,946 Posts
Because they are the ones charged with handling that sort of task on the local bases in this county. You don't expect the rent-a-cops checking ID cards at the gate to have a response team sitting around just in case do you?
WTF?? I can't believe you wrote that. Are you serious? Ummm... yeah... the guys at the gate aren't "rent-a-cops." Or, is that how you view our military servicemembers? Are you ****ing serious?? Please just tell me you're ignorant. PLEASE. I'm afraid I already know the answer. Wow... my opinion of you just dropped another 1000 points. I thought you were smart. I really did. Then you write a boner like that.

I expect that our troops are FULLY capable of defending themselves. You know they go to war, to fight in actual battles, and train, eh? No. Apparently, you think they're "rent-a-cops." Good God. So, yeah... I expect our troops to fight back when they're being shot at. I don't expect our troops to "call the police" to come save them. Who better to defend our troops, than.... OUR TROOPS???

I want to know WHERE he got the gun from; i.e.- did he steal it himself, buy it off the street, what? I don't concern myself with everyday hoodlums who also shouldn't but do access guns, but this case is different because of who the shooter was. It's not like visiting Saudi AF officers are usual suspects in home burglaries, so option 1 seems unlikely but possible. Could be he bought it off the street and if that's the case, I want to know who the SOB is willing to sell a weapon to a foreign national who obviously has no business having one.

Why he did it? I could care less. It was a one-of and not something I expect to be of future concern.
So if he stole it or bought it off the street, then what? Are you going to propose more laws? Make that illegaler? :dunno Wait... I know! Ban magazines with more than a 5-round capacity!

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
WTF?? I can't believe you wrote that. Are you serious? Ummm... yeah... the guys at the gate aren't "rent-a-cops." Or, is that how you view our military servicemembers? Are you ****ing serious?? Please just tell me you're ignorant. PLEASE. I'm afraid I already know the answer. Wow... my opinion of you just dropped another 1000 points. I thought you were smart. I really did. Then you write a boner like that.

I expect that our troops are FULLY capable of defending themselves. You know they go to war, to fight in actual battles, and train, eh? No. Apparently, you think they're "rent-a-cops." Good God. So, yeah... I expect our troops to fight back when they're being shot at. I don't expect our troops to "call the police" to come save them. Who better to defend our troops, than.... OUR TROOPS???

So if he stole it or bought it off the street, then what? Are you going to propose more laws? Make that illegaler? :dunno Wait... I know! Ban magazines with more than a 5-round capacity!
It would be interesting to know where he got the gun, but only to satisfy human curiosity.
The intel obtained probably would not be actionable as there exists only a few avenues in which he could have obtained the weapon -- all of them illegal, as I understand it.

In another thread, there's a School Resource Officer who pawned his service weapon, and then lied about it.
So, at minimum, that suggests the possibility that this asshole might have obtained the gun in ways normally unthinkable.

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
MP's and military gate guards are more highly trained than civilian cops are..in actual combat, not "forcing to comply" garbage. I'd expect that statement from the source, though

·
Registered
15,046 Posts
Red Flag laws require a demonstration of a behavior that merits that kind of action. Which of his prior behaviors would YOU suggest putting on the affidavit? :thumbsdwn
Red flag laws are liberal anti American wet dreams. How about not letting the sum***** in the country in the first place. We learned nothing from 9/11

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
Because they are the ones charged with handling that sort of task on the local bases in this county. You don't expect the rent-a-cops checking ID cards at the gate to have a response team sitting around just in case do you?.
I haven’t seen any military bases with rentacops at the front gate. Do you know that for a fact or are you speculating? It’s bizarre to me to think there isnt an MP unit with SWAT capability on every military base......very weird that local Sheriff dept would be answering this call....dumb ass Billy Clinton. This is something Trump could “pen” away in a heartbeat. Military bases back to armed and ready!!!!!

1 - 20 of 71 Posts