Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
I was asked to shoot at a rate of one round per second -firs timethey have ever said anythingto me while I was on the range.
I am sure you are aware of the other problem at the shoot straight ranges or range.

We have a local range to us that the Range officer just cant walk by you with out giving you some type of instructions. Then we have another range that if you did not know better you wouldnt even think there is a RO I bet they may have hired addtional RO'S and they are just enfourcing the same rule as every other range officer thinks he should enfource. No more then 5 in a clip and no less then 2 secounds between shots

I am from New York but have been to shoot straight in Apopka and in Tampa , Both cool places we dont have any ranges or gun store by us the size of tampa.

· Registered
58,568 Posts
I was asked to shoot at a rate of one round per second -firs timethey have ever said anythingto me while I was on the range.
Gee Mark,

Guess you won't/can't be practicing your new SD skills from the class there anymore huh? :pistols

Sounds like the perfect place to practice your handhold, trigger control in the event you have the time to take a stance and deliver pinpoint accurate shots from 80 feet away though :rolleyes:

Gotta find a new place to shoot, don't lose the skills you have now by practicing like that.

Brownie

· Administrator
3,947 Posts
Exactly how this is going to prevent another suicide I don't know but I bet the lawyers recommended this rule change. Are we going to have any ranges left to practice realistic SD shooting.

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
That would be like a culture shock there but in light of whats taken place there recently they have no choice but to cover thier azz but at $13.00 bucks ranges fee i could always find another place.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ALL READERS - PAY ATTENTIONTO WHAT BROWNIE SAID!!!Please read!!
If you want to train yourself to lose, then get fully "ingrained" in range rules. I.E., two handed , full front sight picture, tiny "X" shots, one shot per second. DO YOU RALIZE WHAT THE FIRST RULE IN ALL HUMAN TRAINING ENDEAVOR IS : "WHAT YOU ALLOW, YOU TEACH". PERIOD.
I am joining Central Florida Pistol and Rifle Club.
Quick or dead -you decide. Remember, at least you got to do it your way.

· Super Moderator
5,536 Posts
ALL READERS - PAY ATTENTIONTO WHAT BROWNIE SAID!!!Please read!!
If you want to train yourself to lose, then get fully "ingrained" in range rules. I.E., two handed , full front sight picture, tiny "X" shots, one shot per second. DO YOU RALIZE WHAT THE FIRST RULE IN ALL HUMAN TRAINING ENDEAVOR IS : "WHAT YOU ALLOW, YOU TEACH". PERIOD.
I am joining Central Florida Pistol and Rifle Club.
Quick or dead -you decide. Remember, at least you got to do it your way.
Well you just missed the first monday of the month meeting i been given then some though as well less the 15 mins from the house.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.