Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Super Moderator
Yup! Buy in bulk and perhaps share costs with other reloaders near you. Where are you finding primers NOT made of unobtainium? 馃

Registered
Yes..... who has primers in stock ready to ship??? Enquiring minds want to know.

Reactions: bttbbob

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
None yet. Just for planning purposes. I know when Bass Pro has them in the warehouse they can be sent to the store for no fee.

Premium Member
Yup! Buy in bulk and perhaps share costs with other reloaders near you. Where are you finding primers NOT made of unobtainium? 馃
Hi Mr. BH ... Man you sure have a way with 'words' (lol) , that's a first for me .. 'Gunner' (y)

Reactions: bttbbob

Registered
Short answer, YES.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Premium Member
None yet. Just for planning purposes. I know when Bass Pro has them in the warehouse they can be sent to the store for no fee.
Hi there .. I just went to Bass Pro shops in Fl . They are selling [1] box of 100 primers for about $5-6 dollars each ..the maximum currently allowed is [10]

No shipping cost to the store(s) . None available in any B.P.S. right now .. All inclusive from the 'east coast to the west' . I hope this answers your question(s) my friend ... 'Gunner' ;)

Registered
Gunner, which store? Location?

Premium Member
Hi there .. I just went to Bass Pro shops in Fl . They are selling [1] box of 100 primers for about $5-6 dollars each ..the maximum currently allowed is [10]

No shipping cost to the store(s) . None available in any B.P.S. right now .. All inclusive from the 'east coast to the west' . I hope this answers your question(s) my friend ... 'Gunner' ;)
Clarification from Joe Carry , as above , none of the stores have any in stock . From what i could gather they all are locked in to the prices above . Again, no primers in stock at those prices in all stores right now ..[ Bass Pro Shops ] Fl.

Reactions: joecarry

Premium Member
Thank you. (y)
Hi Mr. Joe Carry-You're more than welcome my friend . I knows it sounded a little confusing , and it was . Actually i had to read it several times . I originally went to google and just typed it into the search as always . Hopefully things will pick up soon , and even the small amount above will help . I did some quick figuring & at a possible $50-60. per thousand [10] boxes , & not charging any s&h to the store(s) , really not too bad . If so It surely beats the prices on *gunbroker below . Now all we need is to get the full load of primers back into stock .

* The current bids last night ranged from about $225. to $300. per thousand . On top of those prices , an additional $25. for shipping for the hazmat fee . Or $22. to $30. per single box of 100 ! Yes absolutely insane , but bids were coming in.
p.s. - Joe , I hope this is easier for you to read . ;)

Reactions: joecarry

Registered
With prices like that most people would be tempted to sell their stash but that would possibly leave you with a safe full of over priced paper weights. Dark days

Premium Member
With prices like that most people would be tempted to sell their stash but that would possibly leave you with a safe full of over priced paper weights. Dark days
A very good thought my friend , & you are absolutely correct ! .. Metaphorically a great example & man do i ever have a load of these 'paperweights' & some primers. I don't have that many on hand right now , ball parking around @#$% . I had more but have loaded up many different calibers in pursuit of matching my collection pieces ..

Thanks for your input , and I'm sure that you had at least a few members [me] rethinking what the financial gain might be .. Not worth it under circumstances . If these so called red laws come to fruition , they might become paperweights ! May the good Lord help us all , as that might just become catastrophic . :rolleyes:馃憥馃憥馃憡

p.s.- I try to always see the glass half full , always have and always will .. Right now I'm trying to get another project completed in the interim . I'll git er done ;)

Premium Member
I'm going to load a run of 500 match grade 168g BTHP in .308 I have the test rounds ready to cronograph at my next range trip.
Nice loads to be getting done , especially match grade .. I have some factory match grade in .308 , but not loaded up by me . Other than close weight(s) & an aerodynamic ogive , anything special to know about the powder type or burn rate etc ? ..What are your expectations for the chrono' results ?
When i do load mine up , i use the Eld heads .. other times the Sst's .

Right now I have a 2 day delay from essential items to arrive here for my other project .. Maybe the weekend or the holiday for the delay .. Thanks Mr. Earl ;)

Registered
Well I'm using CFE 223 and hoping to see 2800 to 2828 FPS Nosler BTHP 's . The rounds are for my AR10 not a bolt gun or I would be using ELDM instead . I'm sure it will do better than some surplus nato stuff.

Premium Member
Well I'm using CFE 223 and hoping to see 2800 to 2828 FPS Nosler BTHP 's . The rounds are for my AR10 not a bolt gun or I would be using ELDM instead . I'm sure it will do better than some surplus nato stuff.
It absolutely will especially with your vast reloading experience . That's a pretty hefty round for an Ar type rifle . I have on hand Cfe Blk . I think i bought those for my re formed .300 B/o brass , with 123 grn heads . I used my wilson cannelure tool for some and others not .. my chop saw is all set up to start running them. With my wife's condition , i have no time to finish them up .

I'm just getting use to the procedure & proper powder/ gr weight etc. My bud just built his .300 s/auto upper and lower .. Originally i sent my brother up some hornday Sst's in 150 gr with those red nose tips . He had a beautiful Rem 700 Bdl in '06 , which i ended up with prior to his death . That will stay in the family along with some pre '64 ones .

Registered
I would like to be teaching reloading to some of the younger generation to pass the skill down, it might be very useful if the dimocraps keep cheating on the elections.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts