Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Read through the directions in a fit of boredom. It recommends a 200 round break in because of the close tolerances. Additionally there was something in the manual that really surprised me. Toward the end they say that if you ever have to use your pistol in self-defense and it is taken as evidence by the police, they will give you a new one. They also say it applies to law-enforcement officers if they purchased the pistol on their own.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Nice pistol and I like the color way. Definitely Glock inspired, I bet the internals are Glock components.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, forgive me for talking about guns here on the political forum. I shot steel with this little guy a couple days ago. Around 200 rounds, 115, 124, 147 grain. Zero malfunctions, adequate accuracy, very fast audible reset. All in all I was very impressed.

One thing I was slightly concerned with was the small side to side looseness of the slide. It didn’t seem to affect accuracy but I was concerned. I spoke with the folks at the factory, they advised this was normal. It was obvious to me the guy I spoke with knew what he was talking about. I wrote the issue off for further investigation as this trip to the steel was just to get through the break in procedure and verify reliability.

The yellow Ameriglow sight is very easy to pick up, trigger pull, no complaints. I think it’s a keeper.

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Well, forgive me for talking about guns here on the political forum. I shot steel with this little guy a couple days ago. Around 200 rounds, 115, 124, 147 grain. Zero malfunctions, adequate accuracy, very fast audible reset. All in all I was very impressed.

One thing I was slightly concerned with was the small side to side looseness of the slide. It didn’t seem to affect accuracy but I was concerned. I spoke with the folks at the factory, they advised this was normal. It was obvious to me the guy I spoke with knew what he was talking about. I wrote the issue off for further investigation as this trip to the steel was just to get through the break in procedure and verify reliability.

The yellow Ameriglow sight is very easy to pick up, trigger pull, no complaints. I think it’s a keeper.
I believe that 85% (maybe more) of a pistols accuracy is related to the fit of barrel to slide, so a little play between slide wnd frame can’t hurt much.

I know it doesn’t hurt my Colt 1911s any.

Is it possible that firing those 200 rounds dried up the lube on the slide and frame rails? Many pistols will show a bit of play between slide and frame when dry. Lubing the rails usually tightens things up a bit.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I had enough lube to make soup. They suggested to run it wet, I took the hint. It was oh so dirty I think from the Lawman 147 grain.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
Like Rick said.... your barrel tolerances are more related to accuracy than slide to frame fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
889 Posts
A few things that deviate from a Glock. Frame (grip angle and stippling), iron sights, RSA, barrel, and extractor (at least for those slides that are machined for a RDS). There may be other things, but it isn't your run-of-the-mill Glock knock off.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts