Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing looks pretty interesting to me. I had one the other day in my hand and it feels like the bomb. The back straps are interchangeable to give it a 1911-ish feel.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Reset is amazing, very fast/audible. They are making one with a 17 length slide, lightening cuts and 19 size frame with 1911- ish grip angle. Reports say it’s a fast/flat shooter.

I’m tempted. I’m such a sucker for new stuff. Not sure why, it’s just how I roll.

15 round mags, Brownie. It’s a reverse 19x kind of deal. They issue Magpul. Dealer Cost is about 635 for the combat model, my friend can’t find allocation for the 920L, so that would run me 899 or so. Little longer sight radius, little more velocity.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Well, it looks like another “improved” glock.

Lord knows they can stand a little improvement... :ROFLMAO:
Ouch. :mad:

Just the other day, (and inspired by a post here on FCC), I went looking for a Glock chambered in .50 cal
Couldn't find one with a pistol brace, though.

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Ouch. :mad:

Just the other day, (and inspired by a post here on FCC), I went looking for a Glock chambered in .50 cal
Couldn't find one with a pistol brace, though.

Edit: I don't think this is an improvement over a Glock.
I wouldn't want an optic on a carry weapon, the front sight looks easily damaged, where are the finger grooves, and that's the ugliest holster I have ever seen.
And... (guessing?) more expensive than a Glock -- although I have not priced lately as I have all the Glocks I will ever need (meaning, just one), and then some. :)

·
Registered
8,665 Posts
Edit: I don't think this is an improvement over a Glock.
I wouldn't want an optic on a carry weapon, the front sight looks easily damaged, where are the finger grooves, and that's the ugliest holster I have ever seen.
And... (guessing?) more expensive than a Glock -- although I have not priced lately as I have all the Glocks I will ever need (meaning, just one), and then some. :)
Well, it looks to have a better grip angle than a glock, and the loss of “finger grooves” on the front strap is seen by many as an improvement.

I wholeheartedly agree with your dislike of optical sights on a carry pistol, and the inclusion of a mag well on a double stack pistol is laughably unnecessary. That said; the tacticool crowd probably loves them.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
I’ve become a fan, so much so that I now own two (one a long slide). If one likes optics, the Shadow System has the absolute best mounting system in the market—no mounting plates required for various red dots and extremely long mounting screws. As noted, one can alter the grip angle. It has excellent iron sights, very good stippling, and is only about 20 oz but handles like a heavier pistol. The trigger is decent but improves after a few hundred rounds. Overall, just fun to shoot.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have one enroute. Trying to find long slide. They have a “Patriot and Protector” program/discount.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Finally got word that it will be showing up Monday. I had to settle for the standard MR 920 in flat dark earth. The cheapskate part of me that keeps rearing its ugly head would not let me pay the crazy price for the MR920L with the longer slide. If this one is a problem I’ll have it Magnaported. From all reports it should be fine.

·
Registered
6,980 Posts
That’s exciting news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
She showed up today. It’s really light weight, the reset is very audible and very short. The barrel looks cool. they are made in Texas and sure do look like a Glock. I wonder if they have to pay Glock anything?
38AA13FA-7DA1-42D3-AE73-CA98676C461D.jpeg
D766067F-1318-4016-A33C-D4EA158FD986.jpeg

1 - 20 of 28 Posts