Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this doesnt burn me.. It was my understanding that when you got your fingerprints taken electronically, that all you sent in (reguarding prints) was the copy of the reciept you get when you pay for them online.. But if you read the website it says to include a copy of the reciept AND a copy of the fingerprint scan?? (I got an instruction sheet from the Sherrifs office, when I got my prints done, and it didnt say anything about including the copy of the scan..) Anyone know what the actual deal is here?? Dont they submit the prints "ELECTRONICALLY"?? Thought that was the whole reason for having them done that way?? Im confused.. Help! :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
That spooked me a bit too. I found out that some Sheriff Offices can give you a print out. Most don't. Dept of Arg definitely wants a copy of the receipt for Live Scan, which serves 2 purposes, proof of payment for processing and for identification.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool that makes me feel better.. They have all kinds of conflicting info on the website, in the packets, etc.. I got one packet from FDA mailed to me, then another from the place I took my safety course.. One said something like "if you use electronic fingerprints it'll only take appx 30 days" but the other one didnt say any thing like that at all.. I guess maybe once upon a time it was 30 days with ele.fngrpnt.?? My buddy got his in 9 days.. He applied in June I think.. (He's ex-military, so dont know if they rush them through or what?) But you can imagine how 45 days and counting feels after hearin about his "whole 9 day wait".. :smack :D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hang in there I did electronic finger prints, ex military and I waited 97 days and there was no problems with my application i mailed it august 21 and got my plastic last month on nov 26.

·
653 Posts
Sorry. When I said "ticket", I meant that I received my CC license.

He got his golden ticket! He got a golden star to bright his day! :dancingbanana

·
Super Moderator
6,151 Posts
Sorry. When I said "ticket", I meant that I received my CC license.
Whoa, you had me on that one as well.

Congratulations on your license. :dancingbanana

MamaBear

·
Super Moderator
10,783 Posts
Whoa, you had me on that one as well.

Congratulations on your license. :dancingbanana

MamaBear
Thanks, MB. I guess this goes back to my amateur radio days. Everyone referred to an amateur radio license as his "ticket". It never occurred to me that it would cause confusion in this context.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts