Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard that Orlando will be installing security checkpoints including metal detectors downtown following the shooting. It doesn't sound like they mean individual private businesses. It sounds like public streets. Wouldn't this be against the preemption law?

·
Premium Member
6,739 Posts
On the news this morning the guy said that the people with a carry permit will be allowed to keep the gun, but having no permit, the gun will be taken and charges may be filed.
You are not really supposed to have a gun in a bar anyway.
Ronnie

·
Registered
15,778 Posts
They're gonna get sued into oblivion. Clear violation of Florida law and the 4th amendment. You ok with that?

·
Super Moderator
31,887 Posts
Reactions: joecarry

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was thinking of those on the street which is public property.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: frgood

·
Registered
14,865 Posts
Stop and frisk is illegal.

Reactions: BeerHunter

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stop and frisk is illegal.
It was only found to be illegal because it was targeted to socioeconomically challenged areas, black and hispanic neighborhoods. Yes, I know, that's where the gangs are, but still.

If the cops in Orlando inconvenience everyone equally, it won't be found unconstitutional. They better remember to check women and their purses too.

And the Mayor clearly stated he couldn't make it a gun free zone, which means he has to swallow concealed carriers with licenses.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
One more reason for me to NOT want to go to Orlando. I hate going there now. Traffic sucks…everything is overcrowded…..not for me but unfortunately a lot of business travel takes me there. (n)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
On the news this morning the guy said that the people with a carry permit will be allowed to keep the gun, but having no permit, the gun will be taken and charges may be filed.
You are not really supposed to have a gun in a bar anyway.
Ronnie
Absolutely , OnlyThe Felons who don't Give a **** & get released anyway :mad: (n)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
One more reason for me to NOT want to go to Orlando. I hate going there now. Traffic sucks…everything is overcrowded…..not for me but unfortunately a lot of business travel takes me there. (n)
That makes [ 3 ] of us so far ! The Main reason I like being Retired . I feel for you Mr. 'joe carry' . BTDT too many times in my life . One of the Perks for being a "Grouchy Old Veteran" ;) :love:(y)🍻🍻'G'

1 - 20 of 60 Posts