Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i picked up a .38 that i plan to carry once i get my permit done the thing is i bought the gun from my pastor so there is no official record of me buying the gun. once im leagel and start carrying and if i am forced to use the gun would that be a problem for me.

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
I would go to this site and check out the serial number to make sure that the gun is not stolen. http://pas.fdle.state.fl.us/pas/item/displayGunSearch.a I would also get something signed from the pastor saying that he transfered it to you. Other than that once you are legally able to carry a gun then there is nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Why would it be a problem?
Florida doesn't have registration and private sales are perfectly legal without background checks.

Neither you or your Pastor has done anything wrong.

AFS

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Not to mention it's a perfect 'throwdown' weapon. :rolf

·
Super Moderator
3,105 Posts
In a Florida "face-to-face" firearm transfer from a private individual...

1. you must be a resident of the same state (Florida) where the purchase was made.
2. you must be at least 18 years of age.
3. you must not have a felony conviction where the "possible" imprisonment (imposed or not) was over one year, or a misdemeanor conviction where the "possible" imprisonment (imposed or not) was over two years.

Other disabilities which would make it a crime to sell, transfer, possess or receive a firearm include:

1. the purchaser is under indictment
2. the purchaser is a fugitive from justice
3. the purchaser is an unlawful user or addicted to illegal drugs
4. the purchaser has been adjudicated a mental defective, or has been committed to a mental institution anytime.
5. the purchaser was dishonorably discharged
6. the purchaser renounced their U.S. citizenship
7. the purchaser is subject to a court order restraining the purchaser from harassing or stalking.
8. the purchaser was convicted of misdemeanor domestic violence.

The above disabilities are imposed by federal law, and violations are taken very seriously by the ATF.

Source: Jon Gutmacher, Florida Firearms Law, Use & Ownership, Chapter II, p. 29 - 32

1 - 6 of 6 Posts