Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
For every gun sold since that date. Very unlikely with the number of private sales each year.

Could the feds create a database of guns sold since then? Sure. But what good would that do, it doesn't mean those guns are still in the buyers hands today. That's why a database is useless, it's outdated within a few months and certainly within a few years.

·
Registered
9,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank's Brownie , I know it would not work well . I had just read that the ghostgun bill had universal gun registration in it but did not say if it had passed congress .Canada scraped their's after 20 years or more, I was wondering if all the ATF rule changes were done by congress or sock puppet Ex. order.

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
I’m betting the ”data base” of guns lost at sea is 1,000,000x the size of the one in the OP.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
Thank's Brownie , I know it would not work well . I had just read that the ghostgun bill had universal gun registration in it but did not say if it had passed congress .Canada scraped their's after 20 years or more, I was wondering if all the ATF rule changes were done by congress or sock puppet Ex. order.
Fun fact time.

The Canadian long gun registry was developed and built by a company called CGI Federal. The American branch of that company developed the backend of Obamacare. Both projects were noted for their poor performance and colossal waste of taxpayer resources.

Now here's the interesting thing and it validates Brownie's take, but of course it doesn't mean a registry is acceptable just on the virtue that it won't work...

The 4473s amount to a federated registry. Whether digital or in the bound books, each FFL has a record of everything that's legally classified as a firearm sold at retail through their businesses. The government can't have a centralized registry (except for NFA items) by law, but a distributed one is apparently OK. Also I think that's how state registries pass legal muster - they aren't "central" in federal terms.

Obviously it's a pain in the butt for any interested parties to search. Which is why the Biden regime is so eager to expand the ATF and hire more investigators. They want to kill off FFLs (and thus be allowed to seize their bound books) and also sweep the existing ones more often and scan/confiscate their records. They are tiptoeing around FOPA as much as they can before they can finally gin up the votes to repeal it.

But as Brownie notes, the records only show a point in time and aren't updated. A gun bought 20 years ago and recorded on a 4473 at an FFL could very well be with another owner. The UBC is an attempt to rectify that, which is why we need to fight all attempts at that BS.

It should be our sworn duty to inconvenience government at every turn, anyway. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
How's that removing automatic firearms from the general population going?
Slow but effective.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts