Florida Concealed Carry banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Registered
I have a G17 that lives in the safe, mostly.
It's a big gun -- and even though I'm a pretty stocky fella, I usually opt for the G26 (80%+ of the time), and the G19 otherwise. I wear both IWB at 4:00 position, and hardly notice them.

I "DO" notice the G17. (But not sure I would as much if carried OWB?)

One thing you could try (I guess) -- and yes, I know this will sound totally stupid......
Try going with the 115 grain bullets, and only put 2 or 3 rounds in the magazine for a couple of day's worth of carry.
That lessened weight in the G17 may (or may not) tell you something?

BTW: Congrats on the weight loss !!!
That is not an easy thing to do.

Premium Member
馃ぃ
On a serious note, milkmanjoe shark, Gunner, Earl, et al; I'm hoping all of you find some relief soon! :unsure:
Mr. BH .Thank You for Your Very kind words & "Caring" .. As We Get Older , We kind of Pay for Our Past(s) .. In My Particular Case , It's Permanent . All I Can do Is Live With It , As I Have in the Prior Years . It's Actually 'Mostly' My Fault , For Pushing my Body ( 16 ) Hour Days for a Long Time . Outside Of That , Our 'Very Last' Detonation (R.V.N.) Was a Booby Trapped ('105' Round - Ours ) So They Say . I Don't Remember Anything ( Only A Big Ball Of Fire ) . The "Idiots" Put My Track # 22 on Point .-> The Day 'Before' , We Carried ALL The C-4 Just Below me & Behind my Driver .. He Died & I Went 'Airborne' .. Ironically I Never Pursued my Back For Any Comp' . Now Years Later , I Think After That '3rd' One , Might Have Been The 'Genesis' Of My Original Back Problems. "Gunner" P.S. It Seems We All Have Our Crosses to Bear .

Registered
Mine was inherted and not knowing at the time like you I worked it too much just paying the bills and making the house payments, 10 or 12 hours a day 6 days a week. When it started to hurt I thought it was normal with the hours I was working and it can't be fixed. It's a good thing I didn't find the 1911heaven website back then or it would be even worse, don't look danger of wallet injury, havve a good night Gunner.

Premium Member
Mine was inherted and not knowing at the time like you I worked it too much just paying the bills and making the house payments, 10 or 12 hours a day 6 days a week. When it started to hurt I thought it was normal with the hours I was working and it can't be fixed. It's a good thing I didn't find the 1911heaven website back then or it would be even worse, don't look danger of wallet injury, havve a good night Gunner.
Mr. Earl .. So Very Sorry to Hear about Your Life & Situation ! .. Your's Sounds Quite like MIne in a Way .. Re The Wallet Injury , Not Worrying about Money , Just Concerned About Heath . ( My Wife's Not Mine ) .. I Want to Do More , My Mind says Yes & my Body Says "Not Today " . It's All Good Though . Gotcha about the 1911 Heaven My Friend ..Thought about it Until Our Daughter Was Born ( Feb' 14th ) '76 . Like Before , It's Just A Matter Of Survival . I Remember There's An Old Saying : "Old Too Soon & Smart Too Late" . I Have Had Great Parents Growing up . "Pop" Always 'Made Time' To Teach Me Things , Take Me Hunting & Fishing .. At About age (14) I Was Already Working On Cars & Small & Big Game Hunting . I learned About 'Survival' At Quite An Early Age ! Very Fortunate "Gunner" (y)
P.S. - On 1/31/ 2020 My Utility Co' Dropped All My Insurances /Retirement ! Thankfully I Still Have The V.A. For Med's . My 'New' Insurance ( P.P.O.) Is $4000. Annually (Based On My Age Of Course) :unsure:

Registered
Discussion Starter #25
Perry suspenders. I have 3 different color pair
No good deed goes unpunished! :LOL:馃ぃ
馃ぃ
On a serious note, milkmanjoe shark, Gunner, Earl, et al; I'm hoping all of you find some relief soon! :unsure:
Ordered two pairs of Perry suspenders last nite. Friday delivery. I like to poke fun, but I know a smart solution when I see one. After heart surgery I might get the cortisone shot to relieve the pain. Once or twice a year depending on severity and life could change for the better.

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Joe, before you get any sort of steroid injection like Cortizone you need to look at bone density. The steroids have a tendency to decrease bone density and increase the risk of fractures. Perry suspenders, from what I鈥檝e read have no known complications.

Registered
Excellent point shark!

Ive had multiple injections for a back condition. Last time my Dr brought it up I shut him down. What little relief I get isn鈥檛 worth the continued risk.

Not only the bone density issue for me. I鈥檓 diabetic. The steroid element sends my blood sugar into orbit like a Saturn rocket. It takes me a week or more to beat my numbers into submission again.

Just ain鈥檛 worth the damage it does.

Food for thought for anyone who needs it. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter #28
Joe, before you get any sort of steroid injection like Cortizone you need to look at bone density. The steroids have a tendency to decrease bone density and increase the risk of fractures. Perry suspenders, from what I鈥檝e read have no known complications.
Excellent point shark!

Ive had multiple injections for a back condition. Last time my Dr brought it up I shut him down. What little relief I get isn鈥檛 worth the continued risk.

Not only the bone density issue for me. I鈥檓 diabetic. The steroid element sends my blood sugar into orbit like a Saturn rocket. It takes me a week or more to beat my numbers into submission again.

Just ain鈥檛 worth the damage it does.

Food for thought for anyone who needs it. (y)
My brother got the shot and damn near died.
Wife鈥檚 uncle gets one every six months and can dance the polka after it.

It鈥檚 definitely an individual reaction, and , I believe, a lot depends on who and how it is administered.
Some doctors have the shot guided via pictures, some give the shot in the local they choose.
Hafta be careful who ya trust

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER

Registered
Joe, it鈥檚 a consequence of the corticosteroid that can weaken your bones. It鈥檚 not a question of whether it works or not. A lot of practitioners do the injection under fluoroscopy or where they can see precisely where the needle is going. That鈥檚 most effective. I have had a number of epidurals and, in fact My bone density is down because of it.

I sued a doctor years back for paralyzing my client while trying to install a morphine pump. It ultimately killed her. He was a POS and was abusing his own drugs. He lost his medical license, formed a company in his wife鈥檚 name and started manufacturing steroids that were tainted and ultimately killed a number of people across the country. You sure do have to be careful who you can trust.

Premium Member
Joe, it鈥檚 a consequence of the corticosteroid that can weaken your bones. It鈥檚 not a question of whether it works or not. A lot of practitioners do the injection under fluoroscopy or where they can see precisely where the needle is going. That鈥檚 most effective. I have had a number of epidurals and, in fact My bone density is down because of it.

I sued a doctor years back for paralyzing my client while trying to install a morphine pump. It ultimately killed her. He was a POS and was abusing his own drugs. He lost his medical license, formed a company in his wife鈥檚 name and started manufacturing steroids that were tainted and ultimately killed a number of people across the country. You sure do have to be careful who you can trust.
Hi Mr. Shark .. This I Can Relate to , Albeit a Long Time ago .. In 1980 , When My disks Went out , They took Me to the 'Company' Doctor . He Injected Something Into My Spinal Area . I found (2) Surgeons To Do the Laminectomy.
When I Told Them 'Both' What He had done , Their Reply was : He Could've Paralyzed you Doing That in His Office . I Was Very Young In Great Pain & Really Didn't Know Any Better . Ironically , That Same Doctor Was 'Let Go' For His Incompetence About a Year Later .. Hmmmm Go Figure .. Live & Learn From Back Then .. Thanks For Your Invaluable Information on Here ! ;)(y)
"Gunner'

21 - 30 of 30 Posts