Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guy came in to the shop today with a NIB s/s slide, aluminum frame Chiefs special CS9 single stack [ 7+1 ] including both mags that came with it new. Made from 1999-2006, it's a 3rd gen Smith.

They've always been utterly reliable firearms. So being NIB, I offered him 400.00 and he agreed to that price. The gun is more collector grade now, and can command upwards of 600.00, even lightly used.

I stopped collecting Smiths years ago, but I think this will be a nice pistol for my brother when he comes down for Xmas.

Revolver Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Super Moderator
31,677 Posts
Nice score, brownie and I'm sure your brother will appreciate! (y)(y)

·
Registered
7,342 Posts
You want a younger brother? 🤣

Very nice score sir. I love the older Smiths like that. I have a 669. Beautiful gun too. Haven’t shot it in 20+ years but would never part with it. There’s just something about those Smiths.

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You want a younger brother? 🤣

Very nice score sir. I love the older Smiths like that. I have a 669. Beautiful gun too. Haven’t shot it in 20+ years but would never part with it. There’s just something about those Smiths.
I followed the smith semi through their first 3 generation models. Wouldn't ever consider a 1st or 2nd gen but by the time Smith got to the 3rd gens, they were building very reliable handguns.

I remember the 3913 was particularly popular as a small lightweight [ both for their day ] 9mm. Knew quite a few people who carried one back in those days based on reliability and concealment requirements. Another very reliable model.

I wouldn't carry this, nor will my brother carry it. He'll want to, but if he's going to get some of the collectors I have left, I have to develop a collector grade mentality in him. There's shooters and there's collectors, though this one is a low dollar collector as smiths go.

My brother knows what he's getting, and wants it all now. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
56,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice score, brownie and I'm sure your brother will appreciate! (y)(y)
Ya, NIB, if it had even a round through it, I'd have passed. NIB will always be worth more than I gave him for it. And I didn't even want it, except I keep my eye out now for my brothers collection. He's already taken a few choice ones from stock here, and of course went home with the accompanying ammo requirements :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts