Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

I have been reliably informed, S&W has extended it's American Guardian Program Discounts to US Vets! Just keeping up with the Austrians I suspect. Can I hear a "Hallalooyah! from the crowd? Note AG dealers are scarce:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hunting for qualified dealers I have discovered two gun shops in beautiful St. Augustine, I did not know existed!
An Am Guard program dealer in Daytona Beach is the justly famous Volusia Top Gun, 2900 Bellvue Ave., Daytona Beach, FL 32124. The only friend I have who constitutes one of the "beautiful people" shoots there and they rent full auto firearms.

Anyone have knowledge of the two dealers on the north side of St. Augustine?
SSG, 3149-2 N. Ponce Deleon Blvd (US 1) St. Augustine, FL 32084, 904-824-9794. S&W Am Guard and S&W trained armorer.
Out of Style Firearms, 318 San Marco, St. Augustine, FL 32084.

Geoff
Who feels a bit out of touch, not knowing. Hummm. I will investigate today.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Sometimes these "discounts" aren't really discounts. And, note that they don't specify the discount on their program web page: Off Duty, Not Off Guard | Smith & Wesson

They say the discount "varies according to the model."

The reality is (most of the time with these discount programs) that it may be a percentage off MSRP, but you can get a better deal.... or the same deal... as a regular person. Any time I've tried to use a membership or special classification that "gets a discount" from.... say a hotel... or rental car agency... or retailer... They always tell me to put that card away, they've got a better deal without it.

That S&W would not specify the discount is dubious. This is virtue signaling, sadly. I wish I could believe it.

Try this... negotiate a deal on a gun, and THEN tell them you want the additional "American Guardians" discount. See what they say. I'll bet they say, "We already gave you a bigger discount than you'd get with that program." They won't stack the American Guardians discount on top of it. Guaranteed. I've seen this before.

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
Try this... negotiate a deal on a gun, and THEN tell them you want the additional "American Guardians" discount. See what they say. I'll bet they say, "We already gave you a bigger discount than you'd get with that program." They won't stack the American Guardians discount on top of it. Guaranteed. I've seen this before.
Of course they wouldn't. This is a program similar to the Glock Blue Label program. Prices are fixed in the program and you can't stack discounts.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
Of course they wouldn't. This is a program similar to the Glock Blue Label program. Prices are fixed in the program and you can't stack discounts.
Exactly... So, the question is: Are the fixed "discount" prices better than you can get negotiating at retail? In my experience with similar programs, the answer is almost always no.

Another question is availability... especially nowadays. Sometimes they'll limit inventory available for the discount program. "Sorry, we've already sold the American Guardians allocation."

I hope I'm wrong! I like me some S&W, and I happen to be an "honorably discharged" veteran. :cool:

I've coveted both the 686 and the 617. A deal on those would be nice.

Reactions: Skeptic 9094

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Further information, S&W website search <ed> is less than stellar. Geoff Who self censors...it's a character flaw.

Amended to add, applause to Racer88 for beating me to that page on the S&W Website!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Glock Blue Label Program has prices, when guns available, much lower than any I have seen on new guns. I got a Glock 42 (the 380 model) for $319 and my Glock 19 Gen 5 MOS for $477.40.
Has anyone negotiated a lower price?
Geoff
Who is curious.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Geoff

I am led to believe that the Glock blue label price is less than dealers cost for non-blue label guns. Not sure if that is accurate but it does make some sense.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Following up on the gun dealers referenced above:
SSG, 3149-2 N. Ponce Deleon Blvd (US 1) St. Augustine, FL 32084, 904-824-9794. S&W Am Guard and S&W trained armorer. Is not quite in business yet. Signage incomplete. Windows covered with butcher paper.

Out of Style Firearms, 318 San Marco, St. Augustine, FL 32084. Just moved into new quarters, been around 9 years. Was mainly a dealer in antiques, but expanded the lines to more modern self defense during the late and current unpleasantness. Decent line of goods, some interesting items. Ammo stocks with a better selection than I've seen lately but not up to 2019 status.
Geoff
Who intends to satisfy his curiosity next week.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts
Further information, S&W website search <ed> is less than stellar. Geoff Who self censors...it's a character flaw.

Amended to add, applause to Racer88 for beating me to that page on the S&W Website!
FWIW; That page also has a search feature for Guardian dealers.

·
Premium Member
7,303 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
According to GTDist.com, Emergency Personnel are now also eligible for Blue Label Pricing,
Product Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Following up on the gun dealers referenced above:
SSG, 3149-2 N. Ponce Deleon Blvd (US 1) St. Augustine, FL 32084, 904-824-9794. S&W Am Guard and S&W trained armorer. Is not quite in business yet. Signage incomplete. Windows covered with butcher paper.
Now in public business. They have been established for a year. Stock is very light and they are building connections. I liked them enough to entrust my S&W Model 638 to them for a trigger job.

We will see, test and evaluate.
Geoff
Who is a well known skeptic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts