Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started getting into S/A .22 revolvers last couple of years. Great fun at the range and for teaching new shooters especially kids. Yesterday was at the local Rural King in Gainesville and was surprised to find a dozen or so of them in their case. Now we are not talking high quality like Ruger Single Six or Bearcats, but having 3 Rough Riders and shoot them often they are rugged little revolvers for around $150. In the times of little to no ammo, ..22 can be found here and there for under $10 a box and gives a person a great day at the range. Also have a couple of Ruger Wranglers (which I also have for right at $200. The are a little higher quality in appearance but my Rough Riders will stand up next to them in every other way.

Down side is it could be hit or miss with the trigger pull as RK will not let you try out the trigger pull. I seem to find this more and more.

Also I noticed the LGS in Gainesville past Krispy Cream (white building) is going out of business. Forget the name. Saw a big % discount sign. I only been in there a couple of times. Like Lawful Defense much better...but maybe this one has something someone is looking for.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I have three Rough Riders and one Ruger Wrangler, in addition to a really nice Ruger single six in 22lr. I don't take the single six out much because it is mint and i love the look of the deep bluing.

I have one of the rough riders with a 22 mag. cylinder and even though i have a 22lr calendar for it, it does not get shot as much as he other two.

I like the rough riders better than the Ruger wrangler. They just have a nicer action over all.

I hate the "safety" on the rough rider. Revolvers should not need safeties. And it looks stupid.

If you just want something fun for the kids and that make you smile as well, they are money well spent.

I have lots of 22lr. I have been buying a little extra for 20 years so it has added up. So for all practical purposes I shot my SSA 22lr(s) for "free."

What a great manual of arms for the kids to learn the mechanics.

Just me.

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I have three Rough Riders and one Ruger Wrangler, in addition to a really nice Ruger single six in 22lr. I don't take the single six out much because it is mint and i love the look of the deep bluing.

I have one of the rough riders with a 22 mag. cylinder and even though i have a 22lr calendar for it, it does not get shot as much as he other two.

I like the rough riders better than the Ruger wrangler. They just have a nicer action over all.

I hate the "safety" on the rough rider. Revolvers should not need safeties. And it looks stupid.

If you just want something fun for the kids and that make you smile as well, they are money well spent.

I have lots of 22lr. I have been buying a little extra for 20 years so it has added up. So for all practical purposes I shot my SSA 22lr(s) for "free."

What a great manual of arms for the kids to learn the mechanics.

Just me.
Hi There Mr. Title II ..Boy You Sound Just Like My B.I.Law . When I had My Own Mini Site , I Posted Him as 'Mr. 22' ! You (2) Could Talk Single actions For Hours ! On A Guess He Must Have Around (25) or so . Everyone Is Mint & From A Gun Shop Or Pawn Shop . He is So Proud Of Them , He Sends Me Pic's Whenever He Gets Another One .. Now As You Have , He Bought Most of His .22's Back When a Box Of (500) Cost Around $10 ! His Ammo Is about Ready to Go Through his Closet Floor In His Mobile home ..I'd Say Maybe 38 K ! I'll Tell Him About You & Your Affinity Torwards S/Action .22's ! "Gunner" ;)(y)

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I have a Heritage rough rider and put at least 3,000 plus rounds of Mini-Mags and Federal plated ammo through it as well as about 1,000 round of Maxi-mags and it is as tight as it was brand new. Just a nice fun gun to waste my $$$$$$ with and put a smile on my pretty face.
I also have a 12 round Uberti peacemaker that I love a lot.
Ronnie

Reactions: 196THL.I.B.GUNNER
1 - 4 of 4 Posts