Florida Concealed Carry banner
61 - 65 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Anytime there's discussion that brings more clarification on something, it's a positive Mike
Right there is the bottom line.

I appreciate your clarification. There is a good possibility that I co-mingled the skills you were imparting in that particular instance. That is far from the only example of me taking what I learned from you and expanding it or modifying it to fit my own needs and attributes. My threat-focused handgun shooting at all distance is the most glaring example that comes to mind, but there are others. Your feedback, encouragement and guidance in our discussions, since the classes have been every bit as valuable to me as a shooter as anything we covered in the class. Heck, the only reason I checked out the .45 Shield in the first place was because of your praise for the platform. Now I own three and carry one almost exclusively.

·
Registered
56,983 Posts
Right there is the bottom line.

I appreciate your clarification. There is a good possibility that I co-mingled the skills you were imparting in that particular instance. That is far from the only example of me taking what I learned from you and expanding it or modifying it to fit my own needs and attributes. My threat-focused handgun shooting at all distance is the most glaring example that comes to mind, but there are others. Your feedback, encouragement and guidance in our discussions, since the classes have been every bit as valuable to me as a shooter as anything we covered in the class. Heck, the only reason I checked out the .45 Shield in the first place was because of your praise for the platform. Now I own three and carry one almost exclusively.
More than welcome Mike

·
Registered
370 Posts
I know the pic doesn’t do it justice but, it looks like the irons will be just barely over the bottom of the optic. But like you have said, they are a backup to the dot.
Yes, the rear sight is just barely over the optic, But...
I went to the range today, checked fixed sight POI at 10 yards, to my delight they hit on.
The rear sight is just tall enough for me to center the front sight.
Once I confirmed they were on I ignored them and just focused on the dot.
The fixed sights are tall enough for me to use if needed, but low enough to ignore.

I also shot a gen 4 Glock 35 MOS with the same Holosun 507c x2 - I'll put the suppressor height sights on that one next, not in a rush.
I put the taller fixed sights on the 34.5 first because I prefer it over the 35.4 - the 34 gen 5 has a noticeably better trigger and less recoil. After about 600 rounds I'm getting content with my speed of subsequent shots using the dot and it is advantageous for accuracy at 25 yards.
At the end of shooting, I thought of Denzel in Training Day, "I'm surgical with this" :LOL:
Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Paintball equipment Gun accessory

61 - 65 of 65 Posts