Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
The dot cleaned up (refined) my draw.
Took me about 500 rounds to get my dot follow up speed acceptable.
I like being able to be target rather than front sight focused.
I've got suppressor height sights that should be bottom 1/3 visible and provide a "back-up" option.
I'm going to install them and go to the range tomorrow, guess I'll find out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
The dot cleaned up (refined) my draw.
Took me about 500 rounds to get my dot follow up speed acceptable.
I like being able to be target rather than front sight focused.
Please explain how using a red dot enhances target focused shooting?
If I'm using fixed sights my focus is on the front sight, target blurry.
That would be aimed fire then, not target focused

My focus on fixed sights versus the dot is different to me. (terminology picayune)

Suppressor height sights installed but going to the range happening today.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I’m on the fence about a red dot on my carry pistol for distance shooting if ever needed. So, I’m trying to figure out what is being said here.

Are you saying that with the dot you can see the dot and the target clearly? That doesn’t seem possible to me as your eyes can only focus on one thing at a time at two different distances (at least mine do). Or are you saying you prefer to see the target focused and the dot blurry? Wouldn’t that be the same with irons?

Also, are your new irons co-witnessing with the dot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ameriglow XL height sights I installed are bottom 1/3 of aperture.
The pic doesn't accurately reflect what I see (front sight not that high), but you get the idea.
I have not been able to check fixed sight POI yet, will next range trip.
I'm a bit nearsighted, my glasses tend to fuzz front sights, but make the dot clear.
I'm able to have more focus on the target with the dot than fixed sights.
Camera accessory Automotive tire Auto part Bag Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
370 Posts
I know the pic doesn’t do it justice but, it looks like the irons will be just barely over the bottom of the optic. But like you have said, they are a backup to the dot.
Yes, the rear sight is just barely over the optic, But...
I went to the range today, checked fixed sight POI at 10 yards, to my delight they hit on.
The rear sight is just tall enough for me to center the front sight.
Once I confirmed they were on I ignored them and just focused on the dot.
The fixed sights are tall enough for me to use if needed, but low enough to ignore.

I also shot a gen 4 Glock 35 MOS with the same Holosun 507c x2 - I'll put the suppressor height sights on that one next, not in a rush.
I put the taller fixed sights on the 34.5 first because I prefer it over the 35.4 - the 34 gen 5 has a noticeably better trigger and less recoil. After about 600 rounds I'm getting content with my speed of subsequent shots using the dot and it is advantageous for accuracy at 25 yards.
At the end of shooting, I thought of Denzel in Training Day, "I'm surgical with this" :LOL:
Air gun Gun barrel Trigger Paintball equipment Gun accessory

1 - 5 of 5 Posts