Florida Concealed Carry banner

Run on gasoline prices!

4K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  henryher 
#1 ·
In case you have not filled up your vehicle yet with gasoline, the report on the radio advises that there is price gouging going on up in Talahassee.

Some station up there is selling regular gasoline for $5.49.9 a gallon!!

Locally here in Tampa, my wife filled up her vehicle at the local Marathon this AM for $3.53.9 a gallon. Our neighbor filled up on her way home and it had jumped up to $3.75.9 a gallon!!

If you have not filled up yet, you might want to do it soon!

#3 ·

The Governor, the Attorney General and, the Dept of Agriculture are all over this bullshit.

Charlie is PISSED and hopefully there will be some asses in slings before it's over.

Call 1-800-966-7226 to report price gouging.​

#6 ·
#7 ·
Governor Christ was on the Schnitt show today and he said that he is looking into all the cases of price gouging. This hurricane shows why we need more refinery capacity in the US.

#8 ·
#9 ·
Wholesalers have increased the cost which is being passed along to the consumer. If he was making .05/gallon before and he is still making .05 now, he is within the law.

So how is this price gouging?

Red Dawg, I check that site daily... I have found it to be so-so realiable.

#10 ·
You telling me this is not price gouging?

#13 ·
Turns out that gas station, McKenzies here in Tallahassee, wasnt gouging. They produced the correct paperwork/invoices showing what they paid for the new fuel shipment and was released from their investigation. However, Pilot and Flying J stations were both cited and fined for gouging and their gas prices were just above $4.00 per gallon. Makes no sense but that is what happened.

Apparently the gasoline suppliers were the ones who raised the price on fuel for some retailers and they too are being investigated. Maybe this will get some of the guilty ones a slap.

Tallahassee was a mad house right at noon Friday. Word got out quick and the whole town got out and started filling up. Gas ran out really quick and some stations, even as of today, are still without gas. Prices are averaging just over $4.00 per gallon today.

#16 ·
My wife's son lives in Minnesota and advised he paid $2.95 a gallon!

With the price of oil going down to about $78.00 a barrel, maybe we will start seeing some REAL relief at the pump .... finally.

Due to the economy though, I just hope these lower oil prices do not come with a double edge sword to it. Meaning, prices drop down, OPEC makes major cutbacks on production, then gas prices skyrocket back up higher than before.

#18 ·
OPEC is calling an emergency meeting......

Amazing how when prices were sky high ($100 and over) it took them 3 months to meet, and yet now that prices have dropped to below $80, they can get together in less than 2 weeks.

Doesn't matter, every economy is in a stall and cutting production won't help that. It might change things for the short term, like a week or so, but I would still bet oil will drop another $15-20 over the next month.

#19 ·
I bought gas for $2.55 over the weekend. It is now $2.69 in a gas station I use. OPEC already voted about two months ago to cut production by over 5 million barrels a day in order to raise the prices because they were not happy with the $110 a barrel they were getting. They wanted to bring the prices of oil back to $150 a barrel. The problem with dropping oil prices is that the prices are droping during times when we can afford to pay for the gas the least and the economy is getting worst every day. I think we need to tell OPEC to stick it. We need to drill more and find alternative fuel so the h***i can go pound sand.

#21 · (Edited by Moderator)
I don't think those : censored ever loose their : censored. They always come out ahead at the end. As someone that plays the market said. Sometimes we make more money when the market drops because we can buy cheap and eventually the market recovers. You and I are the ones that get wacked when the markets drop.

I heard a lady on the radio the other day saying she was very worried because the economy is doing so poorly. She was afraid that she would fall into poverty. She said that the FIC will only cover 150K of the 250K she has in savings and that worries her because she only has her portfolio that is now being depleted by the markets falling. She said the portfolio was worth over 1.5 million last year but she fears she will loose half of it if we go into a depresion. What am I going to do, She asked, if I loose half of my portfolio?

Well, maybe she can live on the SS check and the medicare like the majority of our retired seniors are having to do. But wait, she is still 150K ahead of the rest in savings and would still have $750K in her portfolio. Whoho! poor woman, she will be destitude.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against making money but it goes to show how some people just can't see how well they have it compared to others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.