Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Looks like a good carry weapon, with the lighter trigger pull and lighter weight my wife is looking at getting one, instead of using my SW 642 :thumsup

·
Registered
55,261 Posts
I think one of those might find it's way into my pocket for summer carry as well. Maybe retire the S+W 36's, 442's, and 60's no locks which are becoming more collectable every day.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll ask the boss if he ordered any at the show he just got back from.

Brownie

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's a smidge longer than the 642, and possibly a wee bit higher. Definitely lighter, though. I'd like to feel the trigger...Ruger is supposed to have a patent-pending "friction reducing cam" that's supposed to vastly improve the feel of the DAO trigger.

Not available until March, though. Depending on how well it's reviewed until then, there may be a run on them, as with the LCP. Prices will probably be around the MSRP of $525 for the Hogue grip version, but could possibly drop quite a bit, as it happened with the SR9 launch.

-JT

·
Registered
11,170 Posts
Interesting...it looks like they mated an SP101 with an Airweight J-frame. I especially like the uniquely-fluted cylinder. But I think I'll wait until after the first series of recalls before I buy one. :rolf

·
Registered
480 Posts
Lots to drool over. :)

The Kahr P380 was just amazing. I thought my PM9 was small but it looked bloated in a side-by-side comparison with the P380.

Mossberg is releasing several new 590A1 models for non-restricted distribution. :dancingbanana

The Arsenal SGL20 is a 7.62x39 Russian Izhmash Saiga with all the conversion work already done so it's 922(r) compliant. US made furniture, NATO or Warsaw length in black, plum or OD green. :thumsup

YHM has a new 5000 series flip-up sight set for Picatinny rail mounting. Super low profile(0.435") and spring loaded for quick deployment.

Glock had the G22 RTF (Rough Texture Frame) on display. Didn't do anything for me but some might like it. Still no Glock carbine though. :laughing

Magpul had the Massoud (7.62x51) on display along with the Magpul/Bushmaster ACR. Definitely two thumbs up.

CMMG .22 conversion kits looked good. Pair that with some Black Dog Machine magazines and you can actually afford to shoot that AR.

Sig also had the P238 compact .380. Not my style either but a bunch of people were swooning over it. For people who've wanted a Colt Mustang, this is a very close resemblance. Looks like some serious competition is going on in the .380 market.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I didn't really like the new Ruger: it was bulkier than I expected. I did, however, like the new S&W Nightguard line, and if and when I decide to pick up a revolver, one of those will be on my short list.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I checked out the LCR revolver it's very interesting. It’s light and very small. The trigger is pretty good. The Hogue grip is sorta sticky for a pocket gun. Seems like it would grab your pocket and be hard to draw. It’s ugly, but since I had a P3AT in my pocket at the time, I thought about pots and kettles and kept quiet. It’s really not as ugly as it looks in the pictures. If I wanted a tiny .38 revolver (I don't), it would be on my short list.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts