Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok My Bud with the P.D. up in Ga sent me this picture of his rifle he has just finished from different sources . Notice the threaded barrel as he just filled out paperwork for the 'Can' he will use on it ..

He always built many AR's in different calibers back a bit . He kind of surprised me with this one . Also included with the Pic' was an Ammo offer from an online advertisement . Many .22 caliber grain weights some at .06 per round ..

I have no idea how he managed to work his arms and hands [ Shakiness ] to even accomplish this ..He is now quite disabled and loses balance .. I just thought it would be of interest to some members on here . BTW , I've No Idea How one Would Even Start.. 'G'
Brown Wood Textile Interior design Flooring

·
Registered
57,035 Posts
Changing out barrels, triggers, stocks for aftermarket upgrades is quite easy with the 10-22. They are tinker toys like AR's. Throw em together any way that suits you and your intended purpose. Lots of accessories for that rifle

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Nice looking build! I have had a few 10/22s in my day. I had a full blown custom put together by myself from aftermarket parts and it was amazing. The stock looked similar to the one in your pic but, it was hand built by a guy in the rimfirecentral forums back about 6-7 years ago. I sold it like an idiot. I now have an almost bone stock “mannlicher” Ruger that helped me get two Appleseed Rifleman’s patches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Changing out barrels, triggers, stocks for aftermarket upgrades is quite easy with the 10-22. They are tinker toys like AR's. Throw em together any way that suits you and your intended purpose. Lots of accessories for that rifle
Thanks For The Info Mr. Brownie ..Bob just keeps after me to go that route with a few other rifles 'builds', even those 80% kits ..

I just thought to show even the throw em together changes he managed [ in his deteriorating condition ] was worth posting . He Shakes More Than I Do & Still Range Shoots With his Opposite Hand Now :eek:

I'm more of a 'Wood' stock rebuilder , modifier for LOP and such ..Refinishing , Taking out Pitting , cutting in finger grooves and Carefully dropping down M.C. Cheek pieces that others wanted changed . < This Very Hairy Work , especially on a 1K Rifle :rolleyes: .. 'G'

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had one of those back in the 60's, we used to go into the woods and plink at squirrels. If my memory serves me, I think I paid about $90-100 for the carbine style .22. I think the ammo was about 85-90 cents for 100 rounds, came in a plastic case and the top would slide open. Good times.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts