Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've got a Romanian SKS and a Tula [?] hex Mosin Nagant which I purchased several years ago. I cleaned off the cosmoline, function checked, and put them away. I have not fired them.

Asking $350.00 for the Mosin and $500.00 for the SKS. See posts below for further details.

I've gotten an itch for an AR pistol [truck/trunk gun], and figured I'd start scrounging up funds for when such firearms are back in stock. Thought a good place to start is by selling off what I have not fired, and likely will never use. Below are stock photos (from the Internet).

Let me know if anyone is interested and I will post photos of the actual rifles over the weekend, and give some thought to a fair and reasonable sale price.

I would be available to meet in Miami-Dade, Broward or Southern Palm Beach. Florida D/L and CWL required.

Oh, and I have a few dozen (maybe about 100) rounds of ammo for each, which I would throw into the deal.

Be safe.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Post some pictures of the stamping of the Mosin receiver ring and I'll tell you where it is from.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AF. See pics. Hopefully they are of sufficient quality for you
IMG_2088.jpg
IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2090.jpg
to review.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Tula Arsenal, post-1928 markings. That box with a line through it above the Tula star is a refurbishment mark.

Your bolt matches your receiver, which is a nice touch.

The Hex receivers are definitely done to a higher degree of fit and finish than the later ones.

FYI, the rifles were originally sighted with the bayonet fixed, which is why many are reported to be inaccurate.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. The butt plate and floor plate serial numbers also match. I have the bayonet somewhere, will look for it.

Much appreciated

Reactions: 7.62Kolectr

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much for the Mosin?
Saiid,

I posted this from work somewhat on a lark, and have not given thought to price. Let me do a bit of research tomorrow, and I will get back to you. I'm looking to price it reasonably. Just don't know what that is yet.

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I might be able to scrounge up parts from the “AR” drawer to build a pistol. Would you have any handguns (surplus or modern) to trade towards? Granted, that’s if I didn’t use up the parts for other builds. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
16,483 Posts
I have a perfect Russian SKS it would go nice next to.
probably shoot it 5 times and put it in the safe.
But it’s a nice example and my SKS is also a Tula gun, ‘53 and came to me unissued.
My brother had a Mosin many years ago. We shot it one time at a range.
those things KICK! Man what a thumper.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Saiid,
It seems Mosins in good condition are going for about $400.00 (based on limited examples I found this morning). I found the bayonet and a belt pouch with tools and an oiler bottle -- picture below. I would ask $350.00 for this one. My ammo inventory sheet says I have 70 rounds of 7.62 x 54R ammo, which I would throw into the deal at no extra charge (I'll have to dig into my ammo closet to confirm, but I should still have it).

Let me know if you are interested.
IMG_2094.jpg

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might be able to scrounge up parts from the “AR” drawer to build a pistol. Would you have any handguns (surplus or modern) to trade towards? Granted, that’s if I didn’t use up the parts for other builds. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Caleb thanks for the suggestion. I would probably be competent enough to put it together from parts, but if anything didn't work quite right, I don't think I'd have the talent or patience to figure it out and correct it. I am looking for an off the shelf AR pistol. It would be home defense and truck/trunk (in a backpack) gun. If something doesn't work right, back to the manufacturer it goes to make it right. There are some nice AR pistols out there in a range of prices.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
These are a couple of pictures of the SKS, comes with sling and folding bayonet -- all numbers match on the receiver, bolt, floor plate and trigger guard. I also have 300 rounds of military surplus 7.62X39 ammo on stripper clips (corrosive) to be sold separately. Ammo will be sold only if I sell the rifle. Otherwise I will keep the ammo with the rifle.

Asking $500.00 for the rifle. Asking $75.00 for the ammo (25 cents per round). Available to meet in Miami-Dade, Broward or Southern Palm beach. Must present valid Florida DL and CWL.

IMG_2096.jpg
IMG_2095.jpg

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Do you have an ammo inventory sheet? Nevermind, for a moment I forget what you did for a living.

Good luck with the sale, I think that’s a fair price on both.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks. . . Doesn't everyone have an ammo inventory sheet? How else would I keep track of my ammo?

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
My ammunition needs are calculated similarly to the way I calculate cost refurbishing a boat or car. I carefully analyze the costs as best as I can estimate then add 15%. Next I triple that number and usually come up short.

If I somehow feel I need to buy two boxes of Federal HST, I round up to 115 rounds tripled equals 345 rounds so I buy seven boxes. I’ve never run out.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Thanks. . . Doesn't everyone have an ammo inventory sheet? How else would I keep track of my ammo?
I have one and I’m not a lawyer. Before I built the ammo closet, I also had the location listed for the ammo too.

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
Edgehill

We are uncovering the differences between plaintiffs lawyers and defense lawyers. As a plaintiffs lawyer, I never kept hourly records on anything. I was just never that organized. I never had to be. I just work off general estimates and as a result probably have three times as much stuff as I need. The benefit to my method is occasionally I find a cache of something that I forgot that I had bought and it’s a pleasant surprise.

·
Super Moderator
6,003 Posts
Edgehill

We are uncovering the differences between plaintiffs lawyers and defense lawyers. As a plaintiffs lawyer, I never kept hourly records on anything. I was just never that organized. I never had to be. I just work off general estimates and as a result probably have three times as much stuff as I need. The benefit to my method is occasionally I find a cache of something that I forgot that I had bought and it’s a pleasant surprise.
Before my list, I would find a case of ammo here or there. Now, it’s all in the closet.

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
7,926 Posts
If I was to make a list; I’d have to drag all the ammo out from everywhere to count it all, and my back would probably never recover.

So, I’ll just have to get by with knowing that it’s more than one closet full, and I have way more than enough...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts