Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a Rohrbaugh R9s 9mm handgun.

It had its first trip to the range yesterday morning, seeing 100 rounds of Wally World WWB 115g 9mm FMJ go down the pipe, along with 20 or so 147g 9mm Winchester Ranger hollow points.....all with no issues.

As you might expect from this dimunitive 9mm handgun, the recoil was substantial. The WWB went downrange using a two hand hold, and the 147g defensive rounds were sent downrange with a one hand hold.

Two hands requires a firm grip, but that's all. The first one hand shot, however, was stinging, but not excessively so, and after altering my grip, the remaining 19 rounds were pain free.

At the end of the session, my right hand was a bit shakey for a few moments, but that quickly disappeared.

All in all, the little bugger works well, and after a bit more wringing out, it will find a place in my pocket as my main defensive carry firearm.

Attached is a size comparison photo of the Rohrbaugh R9s, with a Bersa Thunder 380 Concealed Carry model, a Kel Tec P3AT, and a S&W 638 snubbie.

Attachments

·
Administrator
3,949 Posts
Nice report Mjrodney. What is the accuracy like? My lady has a hard time being accurate at 7 yards with her Glock 26 and I think it might be because of the size of the grip. I might have her try this gun if they have one for rent at the range.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Rohrbaugh is as accurate as any firearm of its size, NkmG19, but it is a bear to hang onto.

Unless your lady has some pretty stout wrists, I doubt she will like it.

IMHO, the easiest short barreled handgun to shoot in that group photograph of four that I posted, is the Bersa Thunder 380 Concealed Carry model. It's big enough to get a grip on it, small enough to conceal well and it just points naturally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts