1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,655 Posts
:popcorn

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
If someone stops short in front of me and GETS OUT... I'm hitting "Reverse" or going around as quickly as possible. I'm not sticking around to see what happens next.

·
Super Moderator
26,655 Posts
If someone stops short in front of me and GETS OUT... I'm hitting "Reverse" or going around as quickly as possible. I'm not sticking around to see what happens next.
Precisely! Avoid, evade, escape is always my first plan unless cornered, especially when at the wheel of a several thousand pound weapon.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
^^^ +1

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There will be times where you won't have that option because of cars all around you

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
There will be times where you won't have that option because of cars all around you
Obviously. Whether that was the case here, or not, was not revealed by the story.

So, yeah... obviously, if I CAN get away (escape / evade), that's my FIRST choice. If I'm stuck, then I'm stuck. But, I would not rule out ramming the car in front of me (or even behind me) to make room to drive away. If lives are on the line, some damaged cars are worth it.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
What the heck is a dash compartment? Is that the PC name for glove compartments?

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Obviously. Whether that was the case here, or not, was not revealed by the story.

So, yeah... obviously, if I CAN get away (escape / evade), that's my FIRST choice. If I'm stuck, then I'm stuck. But, I would not rule out ramming the car in front of me (or even behind me) to make room to drive away. If lives are on the line, some damaged cars are worth it.
So, that brings us to a hypothetical defense situation. Say, if your stuck where you are, for the sake of argument and this guy jambs brakes, comes to your car , yells a bit and says " I should kill you, then walks back to his vehicle, then comes back toward you, apparently with nothing in his hands. What would be your response ?? I know what I would do but am curious to other opinions.

·
Registered
10,977 Posts
So, that brings us to a hypothetical defense situation. Say, if your stuck where you are, for the sake of argument and this guy jambs brakes, comes to your car , yells a bit and says " I should kill you, then walks back to his vehicle, then comes back toward you, apparently with nothing in his hands. What would be your response ?? I know what I would do but am curious to other opinions.
To borrow from The Eagles... I'm "Already Gone." :)

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
From the link in the OP.

I don't even know that this headline means????:dunno

"Road rage incident in Polk County leads ends shooting, deputies say"

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Link wants me to sign up, ain't going to happen

·
Registered
176 Posts
Ol Grady Judd (sheriff of Polk) is pretty clear that he likes his citizens armed!

“If you’re not afraid of a gun, get one. Become proficient. Get a concealed firearms license and carry it. And if you need to shoot someone, shoot them a lot.” -Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd.

Really, I love this guy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 13 of 13 Posts