Florida Concealed Carry banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
the twist now is that the driver was intending to run into the crowd and the man who reached into the car was trying to stop when he got shot...so the "victim" is a hero and the driver was charged with assault after he "surrendered himself to police"

I think you're saying that's the latest spin put on it by the press or others with a specific agenda, regardless of the actual facts, correct? :unsure:

Reactions: bladenbullet

·
Registered
54,301 Posts
I'll ask again,

So here's a question I think deserves some forethought.

What's the first thing one does [ prepares for ] when they find themselves stuck in a situation where people are trying to break into vehicles and dragging people out of vehicles while not being able to get to hell out of dodge while armed?

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
I'll ask again,

What's the first thing one does [ prepares for ] when they find themselves stuck in a situation where people are trying to break into vehicles and dragging people out of vehicles while not being able to get to hell out of dodge while armed?
You mean in addition to ensuring your doors and windows are closed and locked while establishing contact with 9-1-1 to ensure your narrative is recorded documenting your fear for your life and imminent commencement of taking measures to defend yourself?

·
Registered
54,301 Posts
You mean in addition to ensuring your doors and windows are closed and locked while establishing contact with 9-1-1 to ensure your narrative is recorded documenting your fear for your life and imminent commencement of taking measures to defend yourself?
Yes,

What I was looking for was "put your ear muffs on" :eek:

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I'll ask again,

I’ll twist this bolded part to change the ending to “not armed” and say that’s exactly when ”those” type people suddenly feel they need to be armed and realize they are in serious trouble. We just experienced what was probably the biggest sales of guns for first time gun buyers in probably the last 100 years to “non gun people“ who were realizing the need to be armed now. I don’t like being in a vehicle without a gun but I realize there are times when that isn’t always possible, work situtations come to my mind I can’t always reasonable control but....

FWI, I carry as set of foam ear plug in my pants pocket every day. It isn’t because someday I might need to put them in like Brownie suggests, I actually work in an environment that has some pretty noisy Mechanical equipment and I often will put them in before entering one of our generator Or mechanical rooms. I’ve also used them in hotels at night upon occasion, or to take a nap somewhere. All kind of uses, but putting them in if you know your heading into an enclosed firefight would be a good idea given you have both time and presence of mind to do so. (y)

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
I’ll twist this bolded part to change the ending to “not armed” and say that’s exactly when ”those” type people suddenly feel they need to be armed and realize they are in serious trouble. We just experienced what was probably the biggest sales of guns for first time gun buyers in probably the last 100 years to “non gun people“ who were realizing the need to be armed now. I don’t like being in a vehicle without a gun but I realize there are times when that isn’t always possible, work situtations come to my mind I can’t always reasonable control but....

FWI, I carry as set of foam ear plug in my pants pocket every day. It isn’t because someday I might need to put them in like Brownie suggests, I actually work in an environment that has some pretty noisy Mechanical equipment and I often will put them in before entering one of our generator Or mechanical rooms. I’ve also used them in hotels at night upon occasion, or to take a nap somewhere. All kind of uses, but putting them in if you know your heading into an enclosed firefight would be a good idea given you have both time and presence of mind to do so. (y)
I've carried Randians fitted ear plugs (26 db passive noise reduction) with me for years for exactly the same reasons. (y)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Once the vehicle has been BREACHED... glass is broken THROUGH, that's the same as IN. At that point, it is reasonable to be in fear of grievous bodily harm. There's now NOTHING between you and that club or brick.

To me... as soon as the glass breaks, it's go time.

Are you going to wait until they actually hit you in the head before you defend yourself? Are you going to wait until they "enter" the car with the CINDER BLOCK or REBAR?

Once one believes that their life or that of someone else in the vehicle is in jeopardy, it's time to react - IF you have pepper spray this may be the time to use it, but if that is not available, employing the next higher level of force would be justified.
As a law enforcement officer for 23 years, I was NEVER taught to 'shoot to wound' - should use of a firearm be necessary, make it count.
Sorry if that 'offends' anyone, but THEY were the ones who chose to break into MY occupied vehicle.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry to say this but
I would just not do anything at all and let it go.
These people now have a good reason to hate me because a month ago I was not a prejudged person.
Now a lot of that has been changed by the Thug & looters actions.
I'm not saying that all Black people make me sick to look at, but when I see them destroying and looting it makes me want to PUKE.
Some of them being interviewed on the Bloomberg & Soroos propaganda news are really pooping out of their hateful mouths.
Now I have to hear they want to eliminate Police Forces.DUH!
I wonder how that will work out for anyone.

I can't understand why anyone would still want to be a Police officer now anyway.
One guy on the poop news this morning want the Police to never use tear gas.
Antifa, Black Lives Matter and the burners and looters need consequences for what they are being paid to do by Bloomberg & Soros and both of these America haters need to be in prison.
Ronnie

My flame suit is on and zipped up tight so go ahead and scold me
Where did "riotous thugs" imply a race? My response would be the same regardless of the race, color, creed or country of national origin IF they were forceably breaking into my occupied vehicle.
I'll be glad to send a condolence card to your family if that makes any difference.

·
Registered
20,251 Posts
Once one believes that their life or that of someone else in the vehicle is in jeopardy, it's time to react - IF you have pepper spray this may be the time to use it, but if that is not available, employing the next higher level of force would be justified.
As a law enforcement officer for 23 years, I was NEVER taught to 'shoot to wound' - should use of a firearm be necessary, make it count.
Sorry if that 'offends' anyone, but THEY were the ones who chose to break into MY occupied vehicle.
only if you arent effected by pepper spray...in an enclosed space or close proximity you are going to bath yourself with the same...

·
Registered
20,251 Posts
I think you're saying that's the latest spin put on it by the press or others with a specific agenda, regardless of the actual facts, correct? :unsure:
absolutely...hence the word "spin"...

·
Registered
20,251 Posts
my daughter and wife have been informed that if i say stick your fingers in your ears, it means things are gonna get loud and if you have a weak stomach you might want to close your eyes also...cause its gonna be messy too...

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
my daughter and wife have been informed that if i say stick your fingers in your ears, it means things are gonna get loud and if you have a weak stomach you might want to close your eyes also...cause its gonna be messy too...
Premeditation!! 🥴 😈

·
Registered
20,251 Posts
Reactions: brownie

·
Registered
20,251 Posts
Premeditation!! 🥴 😈
simple truth...has nothing to do with premeditation...no different than teaching the rules of gun handling...

·
Registered
85 Posts
This thread reminds me of a terrible experience I had in the 1980s when I lived in California. I was driving home late one night, and the freeway was unexpectedly closed before I reached my exit. I was forced to exit via a detour into an area that was depressed and dangerous, an area with a lot of crime and boarded up buildings. As I drove on the main street to reach a road that would eventually lead me home, a car suddenly went through a stop sign at a side street, and broadsided my car. The bizarre driver explained that he had a prostitute in the car, and that he was in a hurry to get her to his house.... His female passenger ran off, covered with glass.

There were people hanging out at a nearby hamburger place and several bars. The accident spurred a group of them to riot. The other driver tried to get the mob away, saying it was only a car accident, but they ignored him. I was still in my car as a mob rocked it, pushed it, and tried to turn it over. Fortunately it was a heavy old GM car, and they weren’t able to pull me out or overturn the car. I had no firearm with me, because California almost never issues CC licenses. What saved me was a big group of drunken patrons of a nearby bar, who began fighting with the mob. The police arrived about a half hour later. I owned firearms at the time, and the incident made me think harder about CC and infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights... I left that state many years ago. From that experience, I’ve always analyzed how I could defend myself in a situation with attackers trying to attack me in a car. Not easy...

·
Registered
10,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
This thread reminds me of a terrible experience I had in the 1980s when I lived in California. I was driving home late one night, and the freeway was unexpectedly closed before I reached my exit. I was forced to exit via a detour into an area that was depressed and dangerous, an area with a lot of crime and boarded up buildings. As I drove on the main street to reach a road that would eventually lead me home, a car suddenly went through a stop sign at a side street, and broadsided my car. The bizarre driver explained that he had a prostitute in the car, and that he was in a hurry to get her to his house.... His female passenger ran off, covered with glass.

There were people hanging out at a nearby hamburger place and several bars. The accident spurred a group of them to riot. The other driver tried to get the mob away, saying it was only a car accident, but they ignored him. I was still in my car as a mob rocked it, pushed it, and tried to turn it over. Fortunately it was a heavy old GM car, and they weren’t able to pull me out or overturn the car. I had no firearm with me, because California almost never issues CC licenses. What saved me was a big group of drunken patrons of a nearby bar, who began fighting with the mob. The police arrived about a half hour later. I owned firearms at the time, and the incident made me think harder about CC and infringement of my 2nd Amendment rights... I left that state many years ago. From that experience, I’ve always analyzed how I could defend myself in a situation with attackers trying to attack me in a car. Not easy...
Yikes! That's scary stuff! And, a BIZARRE turn of events!

It reminds me of a fantastic (but underrated) movie by Martin Scorsese called "After Hours."

·
Registered
54,301 Posts
Pepper Spray won't blow out your eardrums, though...
But the chance of splash back, wind blowing in the wrong direction will disable the user as much as the potential to damage the turd you're using it on. I wouldn't let my wife carry pepper spray, it would give her a false sense of security.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
My closest experience I have to a vehicle situation was 33 years ago at the ripe old age of 21. Disclaimer: I was young, stupid, cocky, reckless and escalated the situation.

I was exiting the Palmetto Expressway (826) on Okeechobee Road (South Florida) coming home from the university with my wife. I was the second car at the red light at the off-ramp waiting to turn left/east. The light turned green and the first car didn’t move. I gave a quick and short beep beep on the horn and they took-off. As I was passing them on the right, 4-5 guys (around my age) had the windows rolled down and started yelling obscenities at me and flipping me the bird. Rather than ignore them, I moved my car to the left, got real close to their car and slapped the top of the front fender/hood area, yelled out a healthy F-You and kept going.

All was well until I got to a red light and they were behind me with nowhere for me to go. I was looking through my rear view mirror and saw when all their doors flew open. I quickly reached behind me under the passenger seat and pulled out my 1911 colt 45 officer model. I opened my door and stepped out while half racking the slide and yelling “If you don’t get back in that f’ing car...” I never finished the sentence. The driver who was closest to me yelled “GUN!” and they all did a 360, jumped in their car and the driver made a u-Turn with tires screeching with one of the doors still open. BTW - I did see that one of them had a bat or club of some sort.

I learned a lot of lessons related to never getting myself in that sort of situation, controlling my temper, not allowing myself to be locked-in behind another car at a traffic light, etc. However, one important one had to do with why I half racked the slide. I had been at the range that day and shot all my ammo. I wanted them to see I was armed and hear that slide without it locking open.

Oh, to be young again

·
Super Moderator
26,296 Posts
Great story! One of the benefits of age is the opportunity to gain wisdom from experience we didn't have when we were young. Gettin' old sucks but it beats the alternative! Sadly, some were young and stupid but then they just got old. ;)

Reactions: Rick McC.
41 - 60 of 77 Posts