Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gents- I was doing some research on a new hunting rifle and found an article that said the number one grab was the new Sako S20. Not sure if $1600 is worth it or if anyone has heard good things? Any suggestions on a new setup would be aprecited thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,722 Posts
Sako makes an exceptional rifle. But if you are looking for a hunting rifle in that price range. You need to look at the Weatherby MkV's. One of the best off the shelf rifles ever made. In my experience and opinion.

·
Super Moderator
28,818 Posts
I suppose it's like anything else in that it depends on the type of hunting, but I'm not competent to provide advice. However, I'm sure bttbbob and others here with lots of hunting experience will be along shortly. :unsure:

ETA: I see Bob came along sooner than I thought! 🤠

Reactions: Rick McC.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I used to hunt deer in Oregon, it was my obsession for many years, and I always got a nice buck. I was a meat hunter not a trophy hunter.
The only year I did not harvest a nice buck was the year I bought a new Browning BAR in 30.06 WHY? Because I was so worried about scratching the wood, or the rain might rust the barrel ect...
It was a hassle hunting with that beautiful rifle.
When I got back home, I traded that Browning off for a used one in 308 and never looked back.
I shot so many deer with that used 308 throughout the years that trijicon mfg used my photos of the deer on their website at one time.
I haven't bought a new rifle for hunting since then.
That's my 2 cents worth...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thinking primarily about hunting deer so I don’t know if that changes people thoughts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Check out the Tikka T3x line of rifles. They’re known for very smooth action, and guaranteed 1 MOA accuracy.

You can have one for about $1,000 if you’re not looking for a beauty queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check out the Tikka T3x line of rifles. They’re known for very smooth action, and guaranteed 1 MOA accuracy.

You can have one for about $1,000 if you’re not looking for a beauty queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Solid I will check it out

1 - 8 of 8 Posts