Florida Concealed Carry banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
"Who would you take down first? The BG with the gun possibly further away or the BG w/o a gun who is wanting ur wallet, watch etc?"

I've been tossing this around in my head. My thinking would be that the one going around grabbing everyone's wallet is not a lethal threat since he is just robbing. However, they guy with the gun is allowing him to rob because he has the restaurant hostage to his gun. Does the guy with the gun need to be pointing at you for it to be considered self defense or is his mere presence with a gun enough to justify self defense? Or would they be seen as a collective threat since they are working in tandem?

I ask because I was being considered for jury duty earlier this year. Apparently, two young men were being charged for holding up a liquor store at gun point. Each of them had their own attorney and they made sure to only charge the one with the gun with extra felony charges. The other guy was back peddling out of that charge because he didn't actually have the gun in his hand and was not going to take the fall for that charge.

If they guy collecting wallets was standing in front of you and you decided not to give him your wallet do you wait for the guy with the gun to get closer then take care of him? Obviously, the guy with the gun is the threat but if he is not in range and the other guy is demanding your wallet, then what? It's not like you can shoot an unarmed man, right? On the other hand he wouldn't be robbing if he didn't have his friend with the gun.

I'm still confused as to what to do.

MamaBear

·
Super Moderator
6,155 Posts
Well, I guess it's only when you keep reading, processing information and getting the mind ready that you feel you would be prepared to react in such a way. Obviously, it is understood that one goes to the range and keeps practicing but the mind needs to play out these scenarios as well.

The story was an interesting read. I was concerned that the shooter's name was published even though on our application our names are supposed to remain protected from such reporting. I thought it was my right to be concealed from such exposure. Maybe I misunderstood what that little filled in dot was all about. I guess I need to go read up on that.

MamaBear

1 - 2 of 2 Posts