Florida Concealed Carry banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could you move the top 2 forums in Boiler Room back into the Watercooler?
They will then appear in New Posts. Hopefully things will calm down after Nov.8. By "things"
I include myself.:laughing

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
They will then appear in New Posts. Hopefully things will calm down after Nov.8. By "things"
That really depends on who wins....

·
Super Moderator
26,331 Posts
It's not a Mods decision. Admin makes the rules, mods just enforce them.

·
Super Moderator
10,574 Posts
:) That would defeat the purpose of the recent changes, which was to address the concerns of the membership about the tone of the forum being driven by non-gun-related posts.

When I log on these days, I just scroll to the bottom and look at what's in the boiler room. If I'm interested, I read what's there. If not, I mark it read and move on. It's really not that difficult.

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
Hmmm. Last I knew, I was part of the membership. I do not remember being consulted before the change. Must have been an awful short list

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Hmmm. Last I knew, I was part of the membership. I do not remember being consulted before the change. Must have been an awful short list
I have no stake in the matter

,but aren't decisions made for the greater good made by a few that have no clue?

Just throwing gas on the fire....:dunno

·
Registered
10,569 Posts
IMO, anything related to firearms is also related to politics, at least in America. Maybe not so in Canada but then again they lost most of their gun rights and it may be because they don't concider them equal. How can an entity state that gun rights are not politically related who lost most of their gun rights because they were taken away by the political factions of their government?

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
</script>s="60" tabindex="1">
:) That would defeat the purpose of the recent changes, which was to address the concerns of the membership about the tone of the forum being driven by non-gun-related posts.

When I log on these days, I just scroll to the bottom and look at what's in the boiler room. If I'm interested, I read what's there. If not, I mark it read and move on. It's really not that difficult.
Steve, respectfully, the membership was never consulted before the change was dictated from above. The site belongs to the owners and they can do whatever they want. But, the membership (defined as those who cared enough about the issue to comment publicly) overwhelmingly opposed (and continues to oppose) the change. Lets not kid ourselves or pretend to revise history.

As part of the membership, allow me to add my voice to Fish's modest request.

·
Registered
54,302 Posts
I support Fish's recommendation. It's become a PITA when you're accustomed for nearly a decade of just clicking "new posts" and being brought to what you're looking for.

"new posts" should include new posts. I dislike having to "search" further than new posts.

As for the forum changing direction from a gun oriented one? That chicken crossed the road when Norm sold the place.

·
Registered
12,914 Posts
Two or thee complained, perhaps one of whom has been banned? We weren't born yesterday. This is a forum owned by a foreign subsidiary of a left wing anti-gun media corp. What else would we expect, but the burial of posts they disagree with?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I think all topics should be open to the new searches with no need to go and find it. If a thread goes bad then send it to the coliseum and let those interested follow it there and rules are off short of a physical threat. Then lock and warn.

We aren't kids here but are being treated as such and it is getting pretty bad.

I was warned about posting politics in the non politics area, I put a human observation thread in the general forum. Seemed pretty general to me. I did it because most people don't see the threads in those other forums.

·
Registered
12,973 Posts
I think all topics should be open to the new searches with no need to go and find it. If a thread goes bad then send it to the coliseum and let those interested follow it there and rules are off short of a physical threat. Then lock and warn.

We aren't kids here but are being treated as such and it is getting pretty bad.

I was warned about posting politics in the non politics area, I put a human observation thread in the general forum. Seemed pretty general to me. I did it because most people don't see the threads in those other forums.
Yep. :thumsup

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
something forum owners need to remember, they NEED members in order for the ad revenue to continue. The reverse is not true. That is all

·
Registered
394 Posts
Two or thee complained, perhaps one of whom has been banned? We weren't born yesterday. This is a forum owned by a foreign subsidiary of a left wing anti-gun media corp. What else would we expect, but the burial of posts they disagree with?
ok just for the record yes VS now owns the forum BUT they do not interfere in the day to day running of the forum. that has NOT changed so dont try blaming them it will get you no where.

this is a GUN FORUM its primary purpose is for firearm related discussion if you really want to discuss other topics and dont like the layout search for a political forum or a news forum.

oh and River??? I see you preach a lot but notice yer still here. if you dont like it DO AS YOU PREACH or drop it... that BS has never worked lolol

·
Registered
15,026 Posts
hostile BS noted

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.