Florida Concealed Carry banner

Renewed at FDACS office

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BrianB 
#1 ·
I have had a CCW for quite a few years and up til this year I have always just mailed it in.

I went and shot for my G License requal last Saturday and I always just take it to the nearest FDACS instead of mailing. The "nearest" FDACS is 56 miles away.

Since I had kinda dropped the ball on renewing my CCW (it expires in February) I figured I would have some time in between expiration and getting the new one. My wife's expires in March so we did hers too.

Took the shooting requal paperwork to office and turned it in, then you have to go one door down to renew the CCW. Gave them the paperwork. They took us over to a computer terminal and coached us through it, went from there to another office and took pictures and about a minute later walked out with the new one in hand.

I guess I haven't paid attention because I didn't realize that you leave with the new one. And I have to say they are on the ball in Jax at FDACS. We were there less than 15 minutes.

#2 ·
You can also "leave with the new one" for all of the other licenses (D, C, CC, M, MA, MB, MR, E, EE) except for the G. The G they still have to send to Tallahassee and Tallahassee mails out the new G. Last year I renewed my PI, SO and G in person. I left with a new D and C, and got the G in the mail a couple weeks later.

#4 ·
I've had a conversation with a VERY pro-gun person who has had some dealings with the new Commissioner of Agriculture. He tells me that she may have been painted unfairly during the election cycle and she seems very reasonable and might even be someone worth voting for again when the time comes. I'm waiting for the outcome of something to make a judgement, but at the moment I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt and trusting his judgement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.