Florida Concealed Carry banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have not posted in a while as I was living out of the country for a few years. Now having returned to Florida my CCW license has expired. Do I need to retake the classes or just resubmit everything? I have read through the legal texts and see nothing that indicates a limitation on how long ago the instruction took place, just that you need to have gone through the process.

Can I just fill out a new form, include copies of the documents I got after the class and resubmit??

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
Hello,

I have not posted in a while as I was living out of the country for a few years. Now having returned to Florida my CCW license has expired. Do I need to retake the classes or just resubmit everything? I have read through the legal texts and see nothing that indicates a limitation on how long ago the instruction took place, just that you need to have gone through the process.

Can I just fill out a new form, include copies of the documents I got after the class and resubmit??

Thanks!!!
You just apply from scratch like a new licensee, but you don't need to redo your training. Just submit a copy of the certificate like last time. Welcome back.

Reactions: der_ami

·
Super Moderator
27,742 Posts
Welcome back and what BrianB said! 🤠

·
Registered
13,664 Posts
Your old permit is proof of instruction

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I can't find anyplace to get my fingerprints taken in South Florida. I am hoping that I do not need to as I already had a licence, but man, no one is answering the phone.

·
Registered
202 Posts
When I was in Mass and wanted a FL non resident, I had to go to our local police station and have them print me. I also had to sign documents in front of a notary, so they could verify it was me. FL sent my prints out, or something like that, but they couldn't find me. LOL. I had to do a second set and the lady told me they would issue the license anyways. Funny, because I was printed when I went into the army in 1965 and printed again for my Mass license in 2008. When we moved here all I had to do was go online and enter my address and was done. I don't know about an expired license, but this is my story and I'm sticking to it.:)

·
Super Moderator
27,742 Posts
I can't find anyplace to get my fingerprints taken in South Florida. I am hoping that I do not need to as I already had a licence, but man, no one is answering the phone.
Where in Florida are you located and who are you calling? DOACS? Tax Collector's Office?

·
Registered
13,664 Posts
Andy Blasick in Pompano Beach.
PBSO Pines substation off of military in WPB

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Where in Florida are you located and who are you calling? DOACS? Tax Collector's Office?
I called a few Police stations and was told the earliest appointment is in February. I have been trying to reach the local division of licensing regional office for weeks now, calling almost every day and leaving my number after being thrown out of the queue. Never been called back...

·
Super Moderator
27,742 Posts
I called a few Police stations and was told the earliest appointment is in February. I have been trying to reach the local division of licensing regional office for weeks now, calling almost every day and leaving my number after being thrown out of the queue. Never been called back...
I would suggest you read the DOACS site a bit closer. You can also apply "In Person" at an Approved Regional Tax Collector's Office: Applying for a Concealed Weapon License / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

For you, there's not one in Miami-Dade or Broward Counties, but although I've no experience with them, the Monroe County Regional Tax Collector's office in Key Largo is listed as an Approved Application location: Monroe County Tax Collector's Office — Key Largo / Tax Collector Offices / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Another alternative, but a little bit farther drive is the Collier Co. Tax Collector's Office in Naples: Collier County Tax Collector's Office / Tax Collector Offices / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

I think you have to make an appointment but either place should be able to act as a "one-stop-shop" location to take fingerprints, accept your application, etc. Keep trying all avenues and don't give up!

·
Registered
13,664 Posts
DOACS is opening regional offices now. Palm BEach just opened their North Congress location.

·
Super Moderator
27,742 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would suggest you read the DOACS site a bit closer. You can also apply "In Person" at an Approved Regional Tax Collector's Office: Applying for a Concealed Weapon License / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

For you, there's not one in Miami-Dade or Broward Counties, but although I've no experience with them, the Monroe County Regional Tax Collector's office in Key Largo is listed as an Approved Application location: Monroe County Tax Collector's Office — Key Largo / Tax Collector Offices / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Another alternative, but a little bit farther drive is the Collier Co. Tax Collector's Office in Naples: Collier County Tax Collector's Office / Tax Collector Offices / Concealed Weapon License / Consumer Resources / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

I think you have to make an appointment but either place should be able to act as a "one-stop-shop" location to take fingerprints, accept your application, etc. Keep trying all avenues and don't give up!
Thanks!

Yes. That is why I have been trying to reach the regional office. But because of COVID you are not allowed to just show up "in person" any more. You have to make an appointment. As they do not pick up the phone nor call you back, it is kind of impossible to make an appointment.

I guess it is time to plan a trip to the keys! Thanks again for taking the time to answer.

·
Super Moderator
27,742 Posts
Thanks!

Yes. That is why I have been trying to reach the regional office. But because of COVID you are not allowed to just show up "in person" any more. You have to make an appointment. As they do not pick up the phone nor call you back, it is kind of impossible to make an appointment.

I guess it is time to plan a trip to the keys! Thanks again for taking the time to answer.
Regional DOACS Office or Regional Tax Collector's Office? There is a difference! Regardless, hopefully the information bttbbob passed in post #13 above will help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am so grateful for the help and encouragement. I have an appointment in November at the WPB FDACS office for fingerprints!!!! Miami location would have been in Dezember, Plantation in January. I called via the main (850) number, waiting time was 23 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
27,742 Posts
Excellent and best of luck. Hope the re-issue is quick! 🤠

1 - 18 of 18 Posts